New to the forums or the TauLabs project? Let us know about yourself or what you are working on in here.

Hello from Germany

Moderator: CheBuzz

no avatar
User

Leihen

Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:18 am

Hello from Germany

by Leihen » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:20 am

Hello all,

I am not actually a *new* user of taulabs. Using it for more than a year already, but I thought it is the right time now to become more active also in terms of contributing.

A few words about what I have been able to achieve so far :
I built a quadcopter and a hexacopter, both using the quanton board and running taulabs as the GCS. Great products !
The hexacopter is running GPS, MinimOSD and an external magnetometer and carries a GoPro3+ on a gimble.
The quadcopter is really only for testing and practicing purpose.
I recently used the Autotune functionality with my quadcopter and it delivers very good results in my case.
Furthermore the PicoC module was very helpful for me to implement a specific buzzer functionality.

Also I have designed my own hardware which derives from the quanton board. This board uses slightly different sensors. It is currently a challenge for me to setup the build environment however, so if anyone can point me to some helpful pages in this forum, that would be great. I have read and followed the instructions in the wiki btw, so that link would not be soo helpful.

Looking forward for future updates of this great tool !
User

peabody124

Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:33 pm

Re: Hello from Germany

by peabody124 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:13 pm

Hi and welcome. Glad you have been enjoying the software. Also glad to hear you are using the more advanced features like picoC. I'm sure ernieieft would be happy about that. It's very powerful and probably under utilized.