New to the forums or the TauLabs project? Let us know about yourself or what you are working on in here.

Hi

Moderator: CheBuzz

no avatar
User

ThomasN

Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi

by ThomasN » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:46 pm

Hi

My name is Thomas. And lives in Norway, Europe. (flying in snow blizzards at the moment :D )
Flying a Aeroquad Cyclone with AQ32 board. Converting to taulabs as I belive the code style and functions are more suitable towards the STM32 chips that I´m trying to familiarize myself with.

I have some quad projects I´m working on, generally I´m trying to make the quad autonomous with object finding capabilities.
To start with and to keep it simple I think I will use a beaglebone to perform the video processing and path following algorithm. Although I belive the functions may be embedded in the flight control board. But I don´t have that knowledge to perform this yet.

Any tips on how to interface the beaglebone and receiver to the flight controller board? And how to switch between the autonomous(beaglebone) control and transmitter control?

Also any tips to literature and pre-requisites needed to start developing code for taulabs?

Thanks!
Best regards Thomas
User

peabody124

Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:33 pm

Re: Hi

by peabody124 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:34 am

So I've done some stuff with this in the past http://buildandcrash.blogspot.com/2012/ ... light.html and there are a lot of awesome benefits of a high speed link like SPI. However, for what you are doing, that is likely unnecessary.

I would very likely start with a serial link. Define what information you need to pass back and forth and consider writing a module on the firmware side that does that communication (most likely with uavobjects) and then you can use something like the linux code I wrote on the beagle board side to parse the data. Alternatively, the python code is almost at a function level for a telemetry link and could probably be used too.

You could also use USB and VCP for the serial link pretty easily which would allow you to power the flight controller from beagle board. Probably nice for debugging.