New to the forums or the TauLabs project? Let us know about yourself or what you are working on in here.

Hello Folk's

Moderator: CheBuzz

no avatar
User

niolp

Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:03 am

Hello Folk's

by niolp » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:11 pm

My name is Nuno, i am Portuguese with 28 years old.
i am a mechatronics engineer but right now i work in small company that does signage for nature tourism.

So a colleague from work purposed to me that we build an uav, i accepted the challenge and started to dig the internet to gather some info, after a little digging i bought 2 OPLM and a CC3D. Only after i discovered the TauLabs project, and now i'm sorry that i already bought that hardware. But nothing is lost, in the future i plan to acquire a sparky2.

So i'm still in the process of acquiring the hardware meaning frame, motors propellers etc.
As for the transmitter, well they are expensive and the taranis were sold out in every site that i visited. So i thought, why not build your own?
And this the project that i want to share here with you guys. I'm building a Transmitter, not a fancy one, no lcd screen, speaker and those high end stuff that you get when you buy one.
But something that could encode a PPM stream and send it to the OPLM.

Already have the boards, made them at OSH Park. If anyone is interested, i can share the files with you.

So, Happy to become a member and Merry Christmas to all of you!
no avatar
User

TMac

Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:00 pm

Re: Hello Folk's

by TMac » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:07 am

Bem-vindo to Tau Labs! I would have thought the 9XR radio would be hard to beat on cost; but cool that you are building a Tx!