New to the forums or the TauLabs project? Let us know about yourself or what you are working on in here.

Hi From Ottawa, Canada

Moderator: CheBuzz

no avatar
User

TMac

Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:00 pm

Hi From Ottawa, Canada

by TMac » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:50 pm

Hello!

I'm a helicopter/plane/multi-rotor enthusiast from Ottawa. I fly a DJI F450 running a OP Revo Nano (and previously CC3D) and I'm building a Tarot FY680pro (for which I must choose a flight controller). I also have some single-rotor helicopters (with flybar) that I can sometimes fly. I'm interested in remote sensing (photogrammetry), so autonomous flight tools are interesting to me.

I've been lurking mostly over OP for years, since right around when the first (?) nasty rift occurred. OP had nice marketing, documentation, and a certain PR presence, but it seems possibly not enough leadership to keep everyone together. I was never exposed to the politics, and I hope I never will be.

I'm impressed TL has produced some new hardware (Sparky2), TauLinkModule. BrushedSparky looks fun too. I may pick up a Sparky 2 when I have the available budget. Confession: I'm thinking of trying PixHawk first, so that I can learn a bit about that platform, so that I can compare and contrast it with TL and/or LP.

It's been many years since my day job has been to write embedded code. More recently I've done web/database/UI work in C#, not too relevant to multirotor flight. I work as a Product Manager though ... I might be able to help to make TL more accessible to the masses (documentation, marketing) ... assuming you want that.

Regards,
Tom M.
no avatar
User

thunderdan

Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:26 pm

California

Re: Hi From Ottawa, Canada

by thunderdan » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:10 am

I read your post last night and decided to come out of lurker mode. Welcome and I hope to hear about successful flights in your future.

Dan
no avatar
User

Richardovellee

Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:17 am

Barbados

Hi From Ottawa Canada

by Richardovellee » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:50 am

Welcome I am in the Ottawa area as well.. There are others either in Ottawa or in driving distance. Check out the August Larose Forest meetup - several of us will be there.