New to the forums or the TauLabs project? Let us know about yourself or what you are working on in here.

Hello, TL-Revolution-250clone

Moderator: CheBuzz

no avatar
User

Yuri

Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:50 pm

Hello, TL-Revolution-250clone

by Yuri » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:36 pm

Hello,
I am using TL for about two weeks and very much impressed with software and luck of textual info. Although, luck of descriptions compensated by intuitiveness of the software. I was particularly impressed by OPLink setup procedure as compared to OP procedure.
I was introduced to this hobby by my son-in-law In August. I built my first quad on cc3d with OP and was a bit frustrated with the luck of support (op wiki went down, and it seems that they remove info from Internet intentionally). I switch to APM, and soon learn it's incredible noise sensitivity, it is apparently impossible to use Loiter without suspending FC (Ardupilot 2.6) on special foam, which was produced by 3M by special order from 3Drobotics in limited quantity. Pixhawk is much better, but also expensive. I found that Revolution is to some extend similar to Pixhawk, smaller and I like the ability to use OPlink for RC (set my OPlink mini to my TH9x transmitter with bec and ppm input).
After going back and forth trough OP forum, I finally learn about TL and star using it about two weeks ago. Did auto tuning today and got very good results.
I tried altitude hold - it kind of holding, but going up and down, and overall slowly descends. My revo is in cc3D housing with barometer covered by foam. It's there any way to get proper logs of voltage, current, altitude, gyros, etc. similar to what is available in APM?
I have Ublox-neo7n GPS, and have nice fix with 7 sat., but when I am trying to configure position hold - system shows configuration error, Why? I thought that TL can have position hold with revo FC.
I connected minimOSD it works, but no way to tweak configuration (I do not need to display absolute coordinates, etc., mawlink-extra configuration has no effect on what I see in my goggles. Is it actually possible to configure?
I have a bunch of other questions, but will ask later. I would love to contribute, but my coding experience is from 70s-80s, assembler, fortran, etc. -ancient. May be help with some testing I have extensive scientific experimental experience (physical-chemistry, data acquisition electronics).
no avatar
User

pug398

Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:26 am

Re: Hello, TL-Revolution-250clone

by pug398 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:05 pm

Hi Yuri. Sounds like you and I are from the same era :)

PH needs to be a flight mode on the flight switch. Under the Modules tab on left GPS, Altitude Hold and Vtolpathfollower modules have to be enabled if not already. On the system page Settings>StateEstimation attitude filter set to Complimentary and Nav set to INS. Reboot and when 7 sats are acquired the warnings should clear and be ready to arm.

For OSD using mavlink I upgrade to Extra R800. Have to upgrade both firmware and character set using Extra OSDConfig (make sure to have DTR line connected). I have no problem turning objects off/on and placing them. If you have not setup panel switching make sure to disable it otherwise it is probably not showing the panel you made changes to.

Altitude hold can be adjusted by throttle now so make sure it is middle stick otherwise it will raise/lower according to stick position. Also in forward flight you generally lose some altitude and may need an adjustment to attitude comp under system>settings>altitudehold.
no avatar
User

Yuri

Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:50 pm

by Yuri » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:00 pm

Hi pug398,
Thank you for your detailed reply. I will try your recommendations tomorrow (it is raining here now
). I think I have pretty much all setup as you describe, except INS set in Nav parameter.
I did flush OSD with Extra R800 through Arduino USB-FTDI module, I may not disable panel switching, but I configure one panel and emptied the other one and picture on my goggles does not correspond to either one.
The overall craft behavior in AltHold is very similar to the behavior of Ardupilot 2.6 in AltHold with bad vibration dampening. I did not see much info on vibration effect in TauLabs, while APM is very sensitive to vibrations. In APM it is possible to analyse vibration logs. Here I noticed Vibration Analysis module but could not find any description on how to use it and also how to analyse logs (even how to save them if I do not have GSC telemetry in-flight. I have RC control through OPLink PPM, set it on PPM+telemetry and tried to attach bluetooth module to main port on OPlink mini, but available info regarding baud rates are very confusing. What should be the Bluetooth-PC baud rate? is it the same as for BT-Oplink, or not?
no avatar
User

pug398

Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:26 am

by pug398 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:52 am

Unfortunately the nature of a 250 size frame makes it susceptible to more vibration and interference so any type of autonomous flight becomes more challenging. Prop wash on the small ones have a bad effect of coming right over the fc in some mounting positions.

Writing the correct character set for R800, making sure it is set for PAL/NTSC correctly, video panel switching set correct and enabling the mavlink stream in modules is the only gotchas that I know of for minimosd. Works for me. There is recent option of writing MWOSD firmware to it and then enabling MSP (multiwii serial protocol) on a port.

The pc serial stream is 57k default just like android gcs so best to stick with it throughout. You need to use terminal program to set bt module interface to 57k. I do not have a Revo so really can't tell you what works and what doesn't but there is HwRevo and the radio settings for fc radio are most likely under that. For the ground radio I assume when it is plugged in the settings are under HwTauLink like for the others. It may be grayed out but the com speed needs to be 57k and the Mainport needs to be set to Telemetry. Default is GPS I believe. There are currently I lot of Revo users trying to get this to work and I hope they do. I am here because I have issues with OP hardware supply and don't plan on getting one so hopefully you can get yours going and share with others :)

Also most of the Revo users are posting under the Unsupported Hardware thread since the Revo was closed hardware.
no avatar
User

firefly

Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:51 am

Re: 回复: Hello, TL-Revolution-250clone

by firefly » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:55 am

revo have been opened for about half year.
no avatar
User

Laurakep

Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:10 pm

Russia

Hello TL Revolution 250clone

by Laurakep » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:04 pm

"Hello, Im new here... havent seen or done much yet. I do hope to make maybe one friend, And go on maybe one adventure. Who knows, Anyway...
to anypony out there, Hello" :

___
NEW XRumer 12.0.19: revolutional method in SEO and SMM