by discojon » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:12 pm

Peabody any update on this?
no avatar
User

pug398

Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:26 am

Re: Android GCS / Note 4 / OPLM

by pug398 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:22 pm

While you wait you can work on connecting a bluetooth module to the main port and making up a power cable to send 5v to the ppm port or else splice into bt vcc/gnd on main port in order to power everything. USB port will not power main/flexi port. Flash whatever pipextreme version to OPML that matches firmware on fc. Run bind wizard and complete. Connect OPLM to pc thru usb and once connected go to system>settings>taulinkHw and set main port to telemetry, save. Disconnect and then power up OPML on battery power. When gcs bt connection settings are correct the Nexus 7 should say connected to bluetooth, loaded uavo set and you have telemetry.

I can say next_20151002 f6f0 works and the android gcs to match is in the linux package like stated before. I already had 7-zip and express zip so I use 7-zip to extract the tar file from the xz and then use express zip to extract the androidgcs from the tar. Copy androidgcs folder over to my windows androidgcs and then copy android_release.apk over to nexux7 downloads folder then use file manager app to install it. If you get it to work over the OTG serial connection then congratulations as I have never had it work with a nexus7 or an S3. Neither TauLink, OPML, XBEE, 3DRv2. I do use both devices with bt bridge to those different ground radios and get telemetry.
User

peabody124

Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:33 pm

by peabody124 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:57 pm

Could someone else check the android app from store against the last release? It should be working. I updated the app a few days ago.
no avatar
User

pug398

by pug398 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:02 pm

Ok last release b0fc does work with store android gcs. Don't know why it didn't the first try unless I jumped the gun or just plain pooched the install. Tested working with BT on main port OPML (telemetry only) and sparky2.

Nearly fainted when at first the b0fc flash failed and killed the sparky2 board. Fortunately going in through the main port and flashing ef bin with ST loader brought it back to life. Everything is back to normal. Whew.
no avatar
User

discojon

Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:04 pm

by discojon » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:49 pm

I was able to get it working over bluetooth using the oplm and pugs suggestions. Thanks!

I was not able to use the otg cable and USB to get it connected still.
no avatar
User

pug398

by pug398 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:32 pm

Thought I would follow up today and say I actually saw Nexus7, OPML with OTG cable work for telemetry with connection type set to HID for the first time. All of the components of the setup were different than what I originally had so there must have been something bad in my original setup. So I retract my statement OPLM would not work through android usb :)
no avatar
User

discojon

Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:04 pm

by discojon » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:51 pm

Just as a follow-up,

I have Telemetry working using the Sparky 2 to OPLM to Bluetooth. Range is very poor, possible due to interference. I have a different antenna coming to try for the FC. I get no signal once the motors start, and very poor range when they are off, but it does work.
Previous