Android GCS and OpenLRSng

no avatar
User

xenos1303

Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:44 pm

Android GCS and OpenLRSng

by xenos1303 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:08 pm

Hello,
I found Sparky2 can be fully controlled by the OpenLRSng radio, but I would like to control my copter from the Android GCS. Advice me please does Android GCS support (I mean PPM and telemetry) OpenLRSng transmitters "https://github.com/openLRSng/openLRSngWiki/wiki/supported-hardware---feature-table" connected via FTDI USB converter?

Regards, Mike
no avatar
User

icee

Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:00 pm

Re: Android GCS and OpenLRSng

by icee » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:33 pm

No, not presently. OpenLRS is limited in telemetry rates and we don't support openlrs telemetry in any case.

It can be controlled and do telemetry and android GCS stuff through the opilnk module, e.g. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/OPLINK-M ... 6,201409_2
no avatar
User

xenos1303

by xenos1303 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:19 am

Hello Icee,
Thank you for reply, I've got feedback from Pug398 (and I read his thread) about problem controlling Saprky2 by OPLM. Do you have success story about it?
I've read a lot of guides before start doing any movies and still can't find supported HW by AndroidGCS (PPM and telemetry).

Regards, Mike
User

DougLorenz

Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:38 am

Sacramento, CA

by DougLorenz » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:36 am

I've done it in just a test fashion, with a Sparky 2 that was using s.bus for control, and sending telemetry through the rfm22b radio to an OPLink radio attached to my Android cell phone using a USB OTG cable. I haven't done anything with OpenLRSng.

Using a Taranis with an OPLink stuffed into the module bay and set as coordinator, and a Sparky 2 in a quadrotor, I was able to connect PPM+Telemetry, but only at MaxRfSpeed of 192000. Any lower speed and I don't get telemetry data. This works using a USB cable from the OPLink into either my Windows based GCS computer, or with a USB OTG cable on my phone using Android GCS. I was not able to get it working using the Bluetooth module attached to the OPLink.

When connecting to the Sparky 2.0 via GCS <==> OPLink <==> Sparky, the connection is pretty slow, and takes up to 10-15 seconds just to get the initial data from the board.

The connection quality seemed spotty, and with the high data rate that it required I was concerned about the range. I ended up abandoning this for now and have gone back to focusing on FrSky telemetry, both s.port and the older hub telemetry.
no avatar
User

xenos1303

by xenos1303 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:58 pm

Hi,
Now it's clear for me. Thank you!