Talk about sensors, OSD systems, radios and anything else related to electronic hardware.

Standard PWM Receiver

no avatar
User

Aviraj

Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:14 pm

Standard PWM Receiver

by Aviraj » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:26 pm

Hi

I am very new to TauLabs and was configuring my quadcopter for the first time flight. I am using the Aeroquad Typhoon (AQ32) having the STM Board with a standard HobbyKing 2.4 GHz 6-Channel PWM Transmitter/Receiver (HK-T6A V2). I was initially using the Aeroquad flight software but have transitioned to TauLabs as it is more feature rich.

The initial problem I am facing is the receiver I am using is not getting detected by the TauLabs GCS. I have tried Manual as well as Auto Calibration, but the joysticks don't seem to move on the GCS as I move them on the receiver. I have chosen PWM for all the 6 channels.

Any help will be much appreciated and will assist me greatly in getting started with TauLabs

Thanks in advance :)
User

b0ba

Thu May 21, 2015 8:07 pm

Re: Standard PWM Receiver

by b0ba » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:32 am

Most easy test I think to recognise issue is to flash original AQ32 software and check if system is working properly.
no avatar
User

Aviraj

by Aviraj » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:26 pm

That is what I am trying to do. It was originally working with the AQ32. But now when I am trying to go back to AQ32 just for testing, I cant even do that as the AQ32 board is not getting recognized on the COM port ! I have to manually add the device as a COM device and I still get the "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" error ! I've tried installing and re-installing the drivers a number of times but to no avail. I am stuck in between now . . . Cant use either ! Neither TauLabs nor AQ :( :(
User

b0ba

by b0ba » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:07 pm

I don't know a lot about AQ32 board, but soon you have to reload original AQ32 bootloader back.
https://github.com/TauLabs/TauLabs/wiki ... ootloaders
Or if your current bootloader is compatible with AQ32 firmware you have to switch to Rescue mode and just reload firmware. Btw, what board is compatible with AQ32 in hardware level ? How TauLabs recognise it ? as Quanton ? is AQ32 using fork of TauLabs software originally?
no avatar
User

Aviraj

by Aviraj » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:55 pm

Yes, I do need to load the AQ32 bootloader back in order to run the AQ32 firmware, however, for the AQ32, it is done through its Configurator which in turn requires a valid COM port to be selected. And that is the problem, the device is not getting detected on the COM port !

I will try out the link that you attached, thanks for that :)

The board with the AQ32 is the STM32F407. As far as TauLabs recognizing it and working with it, I will be honest and say I do not know the complete details about the inter-working. However, there is a thread on the Aeroquad forum that describes the process to do it. It lists and eq_af32.dfu file which needs to be flashed on the quadcopter. This file contains the TauLabs bootloader, flight code, and data to reset the emulated flash. A link to installing the correct version of the GCS is also there.

Also, the original issue of the PWM Tx/Rx not working with the TauLabs GCS, that issue is fixed. I had to reset the board after choosing the Receiver Type from the Hardware Configuration Tab :) :)

Wish me luck as I am just starting and will be all over the forum for more help in the future !
User

b0ba

by b0ba » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:10 pm

Actaully you don't need COM port to flush bootloader with STLink. You can also to read here from the words "Loading the Bootloader"
https://wiki.openpilot.org/display/WIKI ... Controller
I will find schematic of your board and to check do you have SWD ports or similar.
Last edited by b0ba on Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

b0ba

by b0ba » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:13 pm

I was right, just see in the leftside SWD port connector.
http://aeroquad.com/wiki_asset.php?pid= ... 1424381595
no avatar
User

Aviraj

by Aviraj » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:59 pm

Thanks a lot for the help :) I'll try that out if I have to go back to Aeroquad. For now, I think I will just stay with TauLabs and keep posting on the forum questions regarding TauLabs :)