Talk about sensors, OSD systems, radios and anything else related to electronic hardware.

NEO 6M v2

no avatar
User

SJi

Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:18 pm

Re: NEO 6M v2

by SJi » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:19 pm

pug398 wrote:It is possible for u-center to turn the receiver off but if it was showing data and you just unplug it then it should start up on its own when power is reapplied. So when you just connect 5v/GND to the gps module and place it facing clear sky what happens?

Nothing at all. The LED is not blinking and no location data are being send.
no avatar
User

pug398

Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:26 am

by pug398 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:58 am

If you connect to u-center does it run and start flashing led? If so have you tried going to config view and clicking on config>save current config? You can also select revert to factory default and save in case it got some errant programming some how.
no avatar
User

SJi

by SJi » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:08 am

Yes, the led is flashing. I've tried to revert to factory setings already but it still keeps going not to fix satellite connection if connected to the Arduino.
See video of my settings from u-center: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4ilBUvLBcM
no avatar
User

pug398

by pug398 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:32 pm

Under GNSS it looks like none of the receiver engines are configured or enabled. Odd as the default usually has them turned on. Under CFG if you have already clicked on "revert to default" and then send and it didn't at least configure and enable GPS GNSS then I guess you need to manually configure them. Did you update this module because I did not think NEO-6M had all those options.
no avatar
User

pug398

by pug398 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:51 pm

with NEO-6M I assume you only need gps and sbas configured and enabled
Attachments
GNSS_settings.PNG
GNSS_settings.PNG (40.13 KiB) Viewed 3386 times
no avatar
User

SJi

by SJi » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:06 pm

Thanks a lot! I'll try that just tomorrow, it's deep night here and it would be somewhat curious walking on the street now with a notebook and gps antenna in my hand.
no avatar
User

SJi

by SJi » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:59 pm

So I've tried that and additionally connected external power source to the gps module.
Green LED flashs, so that's good. But now I don't receive any data via serial link on the Arduino.
I think my Arduino Mini have not been able to deliver enough power to the module but I don't know why it receive no data since before that does (not longitude, time, etc...).
I've tried that both with default and settings provided by pug398.
no avatar
User

pug398

by pug398 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:10 pm

Can't help you with the arduino end of it but I would try to verify data is coming out of gps module separate from u-center. There are several free pc based gps programs online as well as a simple serial terminal program. Connect your module to pc and run either gps program or serial monitor to verify data. With serial monitor you just specify port, baud, bits, parity and start session watching data (garbage) scroll across screen. I use free putty.exe and under serial specify com port and baud. GPS pc program would show you sat info. Sounds like gps module is working if it blinks the fix led.
no avatar
User

cedric

Sat May 16, 2015 1:30 pm

by cedric » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:13 am

As far as I know, Neo-6M doesn't do GLOSNASS - only GPS and SBAS. So maybe that hosed things.

There is the Arduino forum to ask about Arduino things. I've used the 6M no problem with the Uno and Mega boards. But I've heard the other Arduino boards have various gotchas.
no avatar
User

SJi

by SJi » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:44 pm

I've got some discontinues bytes throught while checking the wirings (not sure if was caused by that), so I replaced Arduino Mino for Leonardo, breadboard and cables from different manufacturer. Since it is power by external power source, green LED flashes but I still receiving no data. I've tried connection with and at the last even without voltage divider. At the first time I've connected without voltage divider too and and the only logical explanation seems to me that the serial link is broken.
PreviousNext