Talk about sensors, OSD systems, radios and anything else related to electronic hardware.
no avatar
User

Eremit

Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:49 am

PlayUAVOSD - How to switch? How to change Update rates...

by Eremit » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:02 pm

Hi,

because of minimosd becoming a bit outdated (you would'nt like very much after you've seen the OSD on a brain fpv), I try to connect a playUav wich also does mavlink.
And it works well with the basic functions.

Additionally, PlayUAV offers more than one panel and two switchable video sources, while having no connection to the receiver.
To make it work, you have to choose to channels for the two switches, and mavlink has to report the values on these channels to the OSD Module.

It seems to work on the pixhawk, but perhaps the Taulabs Mavlink is a bit different? Does it report Receiver Values to the OSD, especially when SBus is in charge?

And the last question: This Module is capable of smooth and fluid grafics (near to what the quality of the brainFPV OSD) - according to some youtube clips. But it's always pixhawk... The taulabs Mavlink Module seems to have lower update rates. Is the somewhere config stuff to change it?

Any hint appreciated ! :-)
no avatar
User

Eremit

OK, nobody seems to like HiRes OSD with a high framerate?

by Eremit » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:54 am

C'mon guys! Or is it MinimOSD forever here?
no avatar
User

pug398

Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:26 am

Re: PlayUAVOSD - How to switch? How to change Update rates..

by pug398 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:30 am

I think mavlink sees channels 1-8. So as a test (because I really have no idea) go through the radio setup wizard and when it wants to read in accessory0 and accessory1 then toggle the two switches you wish to use respectively and finish wizard. Then in the osd setup for mavlink select channel 7 and channel 8 for control input and see if that will do it.
no avatar
User

Eremit

by Eremit » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:16 am

pug398 wrote:I think mavlink sees channels 1-8. So as a test (because I really have no idea) go through the radio setup wizard and when it wants to read in accessory0 and accessory1 then toggle the two switches you wish to use respectively and finish wizard. Then in the osd setup for mavlink select channel 7 and channel 8 for control input and see if that will do it.

I tried that, even implemented a pwm-line on channel 4 (while everything else is S.Bus), and there was no response. I changed the threshold value so that it must switch, provided there is a mavlnk line with a channel info triggering the software -- no response at all.

But what about the update rates? I've already a video switcher, wich could help, so there is no urge. But the low rate of PlayUAV Artificial Horizon change is painful (in a way or at least If you've seen a BrainFPV-OSD). Any Hint for that?

But thank you for giving an answer at all :-)
User

peabody124

Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:33 pm

by peabody124 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:16 pm

It looks like attitude is encoded by MAV_DATA_STREAM_EXTRA1 in UAVOMavlinkBridge.c and that has a refresh rate of 10Hz. Does that fit what you are seeing? Maybe try speeding that up and slowing down the other packets.
no avatar
User

pug398

Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:26 am

by pug398 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:31 pm

does PlayUAVOSD have a switch range input adjustment? sbus is ~170-1800uS.
no avatar
User

Eremit

by Eremit » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:05 am

peabody124 wrote:It looks like attitude is encoded by MAV_DATA_STREAM_EXTRA1 in UAVOMavlinkBridge.c and that has a refresh rate of 10Hz. Does that fit what you are seeing? Maybe try speeding that up and slowing down the other packets.

It seems to be slower than 10Hz, more like 2 - 4Hz.
Much slower than it looks in a pixhawk video like here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRS-DnNnDso). Wich is almost as good as a BrainFPV. Maybe the error is elsewhere. Not knowing about how much data Mavlink will send, I set the uarts to 115200 initially, but tried all other combinations. Strange thing is that it works even if I set different baudrates to Quanton und OSD. Either a strong Autobauding or a completely different problem...

So I take your answer as a hint that there is no hidden config file for the update rates, but hardcoded somewhere. Looks like the time has come to fry my fc with a selfcompiled firmware (damn!)...

Thank you very much,
Erik
no avatar
User

Eremit

by Eremit » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:07 am

pug398 wrote:does PlayUAVOSD have a switch range input adjustment? sbus is ~170-1800uS.

You can set a middle threshold above wich it is conceived as 'on'.