Running TauLabs software on hardware that isn't supported? Work with others to get a new platform supported.

BrainFPV Horizon

no avatar
User

ufoDziner

Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:34 pm

Anaheim, CA

BrainFPV Horizon

by ufoDziner » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:32 am

Hello,
I'm trying to get the Artificial Horizon in my BrainFPV to be offset, but can't seem to figure it out. I've messed with the Max and Steps setting, but these don't seem to accomplish what I'm after. What I'm looking to do is have the 0 horizon line at zero when my quad is pitched forward approx 30deg. I would like to keep the other reference lines as well, but just want the horizon centered for what is closer to my normal tilt. Thanks!
User

shred

Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:50 am

Re: BrainFPV Horizon

by shred » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:53 am

ufoDziner wrote:Hello,
I'm trying to get the Artificial Horizon in my BrainFPV to be offset, but can't seem to figure it out. I've messed with the Max and Steps setting, but these don't seem to accomplish what I'm after. What I'm looking to do is have the 0 horizon line at zero when my quad is pitched forward approx 30deg. I would like to keep the other reference lines as well, but just want the horizon centered for what is closer to my normal tilt. Thanks!

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. Are you saying you want a 30 degree offset so that when you are pitched 30 degree forward the 0 degree line is in the middle of the screen?
no avatar
User

ufoDziner

Anaheim, CA

by ufoDziner » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:45 pm

Hello,
Yes, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks.
no avatar
User

ufoDziner

Anaheim, CA

by ufoDziner » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:56 am

Here's a quick vid to give you an idea as to why I'd like it. My camera is tilted 35deg (and could stand to be tilted more), so when flying this area, the horizon just goes off the screen (it is turned off in this vid).

https://youtu.be/zJwBWkwuUe4
no avatar
User

ufoDziner

Anaheim, CA

by ufoDziner » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:21 pm

I'm guessing that this is currently not an option? If not, I'll post a feature request on github. Thanks