Running TauLabs software on hardware that isn't supported? Work with others to get a new platform supported.

Naze32

no avatar
User

tracernz

Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:46 am

Re: Naze32

by tracernz » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:30 pm

The plugin looks like it would be ideal! Thanks. :)
no avatar
User

GrouchoDuke

Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:49 am

by GrouchoDuke » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:52 pm

Here's the first flight video of my miniquad with Tau Labs running on a Naze32:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1lO2cToeDE

Details on my settings are in the video notes. Overall, it was a big success! It's time to tune! (After I clean all the dirt out of my motors.)
no avatar
User

JohnOCFII

Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:50 pm

by JohnOCFII » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:05 am

GrouchoDuke wrote:Here's the first flight video of my miniquad with Tau Labs running on a Naze32

Excellent!
no avatar
User

tracernz

by tracernz » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:35 am

Added the code in for DSM on UART2 (Input pin 4 on Naze) and loaded it onto a friends MXP230 today. The DSM scaling is odd, approx 300-1700 us. I tested on my Quanton with official firmware and it's the same though so I assume it's just due to the scaling done by the common DSM code. Successful test flight in the backyard so far but the gains need some tuning.
User

jhitesma

Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:14 am

Yuma, AZ - USA

by jhitesma » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:19 am

GrouchoDuke wrote:Here's the first flight video of my miniquad with Tau Labs running on a Naze32:

Looking good! Looks like you may be somewhat near my area too, looks like socal high desert?

I'm still having absolutely zero luck with flashing my Naze32 board :( My afromini I was able to flash and it seems to be working - but I don't have anything to put it on to fly with right now. My Full Naze32 though just won't talk to anything but the cleanflight or baseflight configurators for some reason. Doesn't matter if I short the boot pins (I get the solid blue LED) or if I send a R over the serial (I get all 3 lights on) either way flashing from windows or linux I get errors from the stm flash loader demo on my windows machine or stm32flash on my linux machnes :(

Is there a way to generate a .hex instead of a .bin so I could use the base/cleanflight configurator flash utility? I've done quite a bit of googling but can't seem to get anywhere.

Killing me not being able to get this thing to flash!
User

jhitesma

Yuma, AZ - USA

by jhitesma » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:42 am

hah! Got it. objcopy to convert the .elf to .hex

Was able to use the cleanflight app to flash it then and I'm getting a GCS connection now with PFD reacting as expected!

Two issues though...

1) the system health panel in GCS is all black. Could be because I'm not using the right GCS build right now (too late to build the right version tonight, will have to try that tomorrow.)

2) I have the naze32 board rotated 90 degrees CW on this build...I could rotate it but that would make getting to the USB port REALLY hard when it's fully assembled. I thought there was a way to change the board orientation but I'm not finding it....

But...one big step closer to getting this thing in the air at least :D
User

jhitesma

Yuma, AZ - USA

by jhitesma » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:02 am

Ok, got #2 sorted out. Groucho reminded me of where to tweak that in the attitude tab :D

Still not sure why the system health panel is blank...will have to try the other build of GCS tomorrow and see how that goes.
no avatar
User

tracernz

by tracernz » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:41 am

http://jenkins.taulabs.org/artifacts/
GCS from 2015-4-06 seems to work okay.
no avatar
User

GrouchoDuke

Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:49 am

by GrouchoDuke » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:33 am

jhitesma wrote:Looking good! Looks like you may be somewhat near my area too, looks like socal high desert?
Thanks! It was good talking with you on IRC about this stuff last night (I'm acceleroto there, for now).

I didn't expect it to do anything yet in this branch, but I tried a couple runs of autotune this morning and it went through the motions. The results I got were a very low tau and very high noise. I let it generate PIDs with the default slider values...and it was ugly. Still, I'm very excited to see it work! I'm going to put some o-rings on my Naze to hopefully kill some of the noise and try again soon.

Here's the video of the first attempt this morning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LNy5mU95Jc

Fun!
User

jhitesma

Yuma, AZ - USA

by jhitesma » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:17 am

Well...I'm closer. I think.

Pulled the latest changes from Peabody (looks like it may be using chibios now?) and reflashed (with the same make a .hex and flash it with the cleanflight chrome tool letting it fail once goofiness that my board seems to insist upon) everything seems configured right and the matching GCS all seems to work.

But....

I still get a uavobjects mismatch error - which seems to be because I'm not getting a version from the board. Not sure what's going on there. I had this same issue with the other builds I've tried as well - they give me the same blank for uavobjects version causing a mismatch with any version of GCS.

And even odder...my board is acting super goofy. I flashed it back to cleanflight and confirmed it's doing the same goofiness there as well now...and it wasn't before but this seems hardware related. Specifically if I power it off a lipo I get a solid blue light and nothing else. But if I power it off USB it works as expected...except the power pin on the main RX connector only shows 2.5v now.

I'm also unable to get the motors to spin up - or even get anything out of the ESC's with Tau. With CF I can get the motors to respond normally. But with Tau I get nothing even after confirming they're set to PWM with 400hz updates. These are just emax ESC's on here with no oneshot. I see that Groucho/acceleroto is using oneshot but I'm kind of wondering if maybe normal PWM output isn't working since I haven't seen anyone else report it is yet.

Hope Sparky2's are available soon. Getting sick of fighting with this Naze board and found a neat new place today that I'm dying to fly this little guy :D
PreviousNext