Running TauLabs software on hardware that isn't supported? Work with others to get a new platform supported.

OPlink & Taulabs

User

pieri70

Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:08 pm

Trieste, Italy

Re: OPlink & Taulabs

by pieri70 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:48 pm

hi peabody does the tau link work better (longer distance) than 3dr 433 telemetry?
no avatar
User

locthanh3005

Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:26 am

by locthanh3005 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:02 am

Hi All.
I porting source pipx to stm32f4 discovery is happen issue as image, you can help me.

no avatar
User

Joschi68

Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:37 am

by Joschi68 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:47 am

I have to ask here again...
Is there any progress with the problem that we can't bridge telemetrie from oplink via bluetooth...
I tried almost everything to get it working but no success so far.
no avatar
User

Bruno Santa

Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:01 pm

by Bruno Santa » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:08 pm

Hello Guys,
Can I revert the firmware bakc to openpilot in case I cant get the taulabs to work with my revo and oplink?
Thank you master minds!
no avatar
User

pug398

Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:26 am

by pug398 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:48 pm

@Joschi68
If you could state what hardware and setup you are using again I will try to help. Last I heard all methods of BT communication were working. The ppm+sport telem was working as well. Although the intention I believe was to have multiple telem ports it is best to disable any ground radio port that is not actually being used for telemetry.
no avatar
User

Joschi68

Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:37 am

by Joschi68 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:25 am

@pug398

Ok i will try to give as much info as possible.
I have two Copters with each a revo clone running latest official taulabs firmware.
I have one oplink in a module inside my Turnigy9x this is set as coordinator.
Inside this there is a hc06 bluetooth module attached to the mainport and the ppm signal and 5volt on the flexport.
Had run the bindwizzard and have connection with both copters depending on witch one is on power.
I can use 433mhz control and get telemetrie over usb from the module.
I can also get data to my tablet via usb.
All boudrates are set to 64000 (57400)
So far so good everything is working as it should.

But if i try to connect via bluetooth i can't get any data the module connects but nothing happens.

In systemsettings i can see a line that says handshake required.

There are no Oplink settings and tw hardware is gray.

Same configuration in OpenPilot is working fine even with bluetooth. ...
but they don't have a Android GCS.
I also want to use TauLabs because of better Software and more possibilities for Osd ...

Hope you can help
no avatar
User

pug398

by pug398 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:29 pm

I am in unknown territory since it is a revo but it sounds like you have it all working other than bt telemetry. Since it is working via usb can you power both systems and connect to gcs and open system>settings>HwRevoMini. It should not be grayed out if you have telemetry connection. Perhaps copy and paste what the settings are.

Also while it is connected if you could also expand HwTauLink even though it is grayed out and post the settings.
no avatar
User

Yuri

Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:50 pm

by Yuri » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:49 pm

Hi Joschi68 and pug398,

I have exactly the same problem. Same setup as Joschi68, works perfect. I have to congratulate Tau Labs for autotune module - it is much better than what APM has. But, bluetooth from OpLink mini to GSC (Windows or Android) does not work. With Telem+sport settings HWTauLink still grayed out although I can edit parameters (not sure if they take any effect).
I also was trying to figure out how Vibration Analysis module work (if it works), because I am sure all problems I have with AltHold and PosHold modes are related to excessive vibration.
no avatar
User

pug398

by pug398 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:20 am

Hey Yuri. Wish I could be of more help but without a revo I cannot say for sure what the problem is. I am hesitant to say there is a problem with the revo target because it is not exactly straight forward to get bt working on the oplink but it may just not work. It does work on other targets or at least the telemetry only option does. The default baud rate for the uart is 57k so you have to make sure the bt module is set for that. The default mode for the main port is GPS so you would want to change that to Telemetry and save it. There can be only one telemetry session so once setup you cannot have usb connected or data will not route to bt port. I am not sure but if you have ppm control but wish bt telem then I think your ppm port should only be set to ppm. Setting it to ppm+sport may create another telemetry session and shut down the routing of telem to bt port. You won't be out anything so even though grayed out set HwTauLink>mainport to Telemetry and ppm port to PPM and save. Reboot and do not connect usb. Really don't know if it will work in this config but maybe worth a try.
User

odwquad

Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:46 am

Germany

by odwquad » Fri May 27, 2016 12:25 pm

Hello,
I have also a problem with my OPlink Module in use with Taulabs. I get the brushed sparky and try to control the small quad with my taranis over a OPlink Module. But it doesn't work.

The telemetrie works very fine so the connection between sparky and OPlink works. I connected the Taranis on flexiport RX on OPlink Module. In the Taranis I deactivated the internal module and activated the external one. I set it to ppm (22,5ms to 300 u with - direction and 8 channels.

Also I can not cofigurate the OPlink Module in Taulabs GCS. I only see PipXtreme and HWTaulink in the propaty manager is deaktivated. But if i turn on the brushed sparky the GCS get the settings and informations from sparky over OPlink Module.
I want set the bluetooth module tu main port and change the baudrate. But this do not works...

Hope someone can help me.
Thank you.
PreviousNext