Running TauLabs software on hardware that isn't supported? Work with others to get a new platform supported.
no avatar
User

jihlein

Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:01 pm

Re: TauLabs on Naze32Pro

by jihlein » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:27 pm

I'll post my latest this evening, I've made changes since the last posting. Could sure use the help testing.

I've been struggling for time to properly test this, actually got the copter (Fortis Titan Tricopter) configured last night. Tried a quick test hop just before dark, but it seemed like all it wanted to do was pitch forward on throttle up. Hopefully will have some more time this weekend to straighten it out. Might just be a setup problem, as ADI display is indicating correct gyro/accel orientation. Pitch stick input needed reversing, but I never even got to the point of apply a corrective input. On throttle up, it simply began to rotate forward on the front landing gear. Looked like it was doing a handstand! Don't recall what mode I had it in for takeoff, might have been axislock. Rate mode probably would have been a better choice for initial tests.

Frame is smooth with low vibrations, and board is mounted with gyro mounting tape. Frame flew with other software in htis same configuration, so I don't think it's a frame issue, but anything is possible.
Last edited by jihlein on Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

jihlein

by jihlein » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:44 am

Well my return to the hobby has not gone too well. It turns out the flight issue on the Titan is a bad ESC on the rear motor.....another frame to fix. ESC probably just needs reprogramming, so I might as well move all three ESCs to blHeli 13.1.

Discovered that after looking at the pwm output signals with a logic analyzer and doing some output channel swapping. Also checked out the one shot operation on the analyzernwhile I was at it, it looks okay too. Did find out a few interesting things, which I'll post in the one shot thread.
no avatar
User

Gaijin

Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:53 am

by Gaijin » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:26 pm

Okay,

I have your installer running nicely and the Pro hooked upbut it's not detected by the Tauabs GCS, presumably I need to flash the bootloader first, how do I flash it?

It shows in DFUse when I force the Pro into DFU mode by shorting the bootpads, I'm not too experienced with STM32 flashing having been spoilt by so many GUI'S taking care of it for me
no avatar
User

jihlein

by jihlein » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:57 pm

@Gaijin,

Just sent the DFU loader and bootloader code to your email.
no avatar
User

Gaijin

by Gaijin » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:17 pm

Excellent, All present & correct.

Didn't seem to want to enter boot initially until connected with baseflight, forced a reboot via CLI and started it that way.

All functional now, do you have a Naze Pro pinout to taulabs port map by any chance?

I need CPPM In, UBlox GPS tx / rx, motor out, telemetry out for OSD and possibly extrnal magnetometer
no avatar
User

jihlein

by jihlein » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:06 pm

Here's the pin out I defined:

Naze32Pro IO Map.JPG
Naze32Pro IO Map.JPG (42.48 KiB) Viewed 2182 times

Note like Sparky, there is no provision for PWM receiver inputs.

The I2C1 pins can be used for the external mag. I'd use one of the serial ports for GPS receive and OSD transmit leaving the other for rf/bluetooth telem.

The uart2 tx/rx is separate from the In and Out pins. Location on the board varies depending on the revision.

I neglected to add uart2 to my spreadsheet, but it is functional.
no avatar
User

jihlein

by jihlein » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:48 pm

Finally! Got the Naze32Pro port of Taulabs flying today. Tricopter configuration, blheli 13.1 in the ESCs. Did not try oneShot yet, as I don't think I would see too much difference since these are older ESCs and don't support the damped mode, which is where I believe the benefit is.

Anyway, the port seems to work fine so far, no for some tuning, then adding in the GPS and external mag.
no avatar
User

Gaijin

by Gaijin » Fri May 01, 2015 10:32 am

Hi Jihlein,

Sorry for the long pause, had so many things to complete, anyway, finally hooked up the Pro in a basic way and setup the quad (a disco clone frame) however , despite all the calibrating in the world, I can't get it to fly level, It always want's to pitch back meaning I need to hold in a lot of forward pressure to compensate, any thoughts, I had the same issue with an OP revolution in the same rig

Also I'd like to use the 2nd UART for a bluetooth module as accessing the usb port is really tricky, my board revision is the one with the flex port on it, presumably that's it, any idea where I can pick up a cable to suit it, none of my stock can be adapted, I can re-crimp the header plug end no problem.

Thanks for all your hard work
no avatar
User

jihlein

by jihlein » Fri May 01, 2015 12:30 pm

Not sure what to say about the pitching, is the disco frame an asymmetrical frame quad? Might also look into CG position too. I've got the Naze32Pro flying in a ZMR250 and a Titan tricopter with no issues.

If your board is the rev I think it is, that's not a flex port, it's a receiver port, there's only power,gnd, and serial rx in. I'm using it for Spektrum satellite connections. I'm not sure what the part number is, but the Spektrum pigtails fit this connector.

There are 2 functional serial ports though. One is on the 6 pin header that also includes the battery voltage input and buzzer output, I think it's labeled telem. The other is on the input pin header, input 2 is TX and input 3 is RX.
no avatar
User

jihlein

by jihlein » Tue May 05, 2015 11:57 pm

So reading up on oneshot, I noticed the PWM buzzer function. As it turns out, the Naze32Pro buzzer pin can be configured for tim2 channel 3. So after a little code rework, I now have a working low battery buzzer on the Naze32Pro target.

Only issue is that tim2 is also used for servo outputs 1 and 2, and I'm not sure if I can set those to oneshot and still have the buzzer work. I think it will, after some adjustments to the PWM limits. Need to test for sure.

If it's a problem, I could simply move the 4 motors on the ZMR250 from outputs 1 thru 4 to outputs 2 thru 6.

Neat stuff!
PreviousNext