Running TauLabs software on hardware that isn't supported? Work with others to get a new platform supported.
no avatar
User

greenflyer

Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:18 pm

Re: Brain FPV Flight Controller

by greenflyer » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:29 pm

Hi there,
I was a quiet reader up to here and appreciate any help for the topic below.

I just received the "brain" a few days ago and was connecting it once to a my windows 8 pc, updating firmware and configuring the Graupner TX. I connected the brain today again but I receive no data and get a "no link" message. There is constantly 15-30kb/s TX but no RX displayed in the gcs.
I'm able to "rescue" and get a readout of the installed firmware etc. in the "firmware" tab of the gcs. However, as soon as I leave the rescue mode the only message I get is "bootloader disconnection detected". The "eraseflash" did not help. Flash was erased sucessfully but no boot of the FC.
I can confirm it's a regular USB cable. Also the blue heartbeat led is flashing while the red is illuminatied constantly.
I was unable to find any help so far and therefore have great hope for you guys.
The unit was never installed anywhere and nothing despite the Graupner 16L reciever was connected (main port, ppm).

any idea?
no avatar
User

ufoDziner

Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:34 pm

Anaheim, CA

by ufoDziner » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:52 am

VArcht wrote:
ufoDziner wrote:I just added a servo for camera tilt connected to output #4. Outputs 5-8 are running my speed controls. When I tried to set up the servo using the "Quad X" Vehicle Type, I couldn't find a way to assign it's output. The only way that I could find a way was to use a "Custom" vehicle type. Is there some guidance on this that anyone can point me to, so that I don't have to use the "Custom" vehicle? Thanks

Should be able to set it in the UAVObject Browser, ManualControlSettings and maybe MixerSettings?

That was it, thank you. I could have sworn that I looked there before, but I guess not.
no avatar
User

Mcrock

Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:28 am

by Mcrock » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:44 am

Don't you use HoTT Sum D to connect the Graupner rx to the Brain..
I will be able to advise further once my Graupner Radio gets through customs.

M
no avatar
User

tonyiniraq2

Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:16 pm

by tonyiniraq2 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:22 pm

Shred- I have had no luck arming my board, I can manually see stick input, have set up switch with delay, but fc still shows no RX input?! I've walked away for about 2 months or of frustration, my naze wasn't this difficult- please help!
no avatar
User

Peterev

Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:42 am

by Peterev » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:08 am

Post by greenflyer » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:29 pm

Hi there,
I was a quiet reader up to here and appreciate any help for the topic below.

I just received the "brain" a few days ago and was connecting it once to a my windows 8 pc, updating firmware and configuring the Graupner TX. I connected the brain today again but I receive no data and get a "no link" message. There is constantly 15-30kb/s TX but no RX displayed in the gcs.
I'm able to "rescue" and get a readout of the installed firmware etc. in the "firmware" tab of the gcs. However, as soon as I leave the rescue mode the only message I get is "bootloader disconnection detected". The "eraseflash" did not help. Flash was erased sucessfully but no boot of the FC.
I can confirm it's a regular USB cable. Also the blue heartbeat led is flashing while the red is illuminatied constantly.
I was unable to find any help so far and therefore have great hope for you guys.
The unit was never installed anywhere and nothing despite the Graupner 16L reciever was connected (main port, ppm).

any idea?

Did you get any resolution to this issue?
no avatar
User

Peterev

by Peterev » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:20 am

I only ask as I am having an almost identical problem. Hex all set up, flown briefly indoors, downloaded the config file as I am finding it impossible to get either of two external mags to work with any one of my three Brainfpvs, enabled the external mag, downloaded that config file, connected a lipo and the ESCs reported no signal. Connected to GCS and it wouldn't communicate so after trying several times, I tried to do a rescue but no matter whether I use the erase firmware or normal firmware, once it's flashed it won't boot.

I've tried erasing the settings partition, no joy. The Brain enters the bootloader fine, blue heart beat led but that's as far as it will get. The red led no longer lights at all, sometimes I'll get one green bar on the tx display and in the firmware box it has shown full firmware version but sometimes it say brain-dirty. When connecting it will flash the blue led 4 times in a repeat cycle, occasionally there will also be a single short flash after the 4 flashes.

I've tried another Brainfpv (I have 3) with GCS and it connects fine. Looking at the attached log file, as a lay man, it appears that there could be a USB driver issue yet the others connect fine.

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks.
Attachments
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (192.6 KiB) Viewed 1755 times
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (125.29 KiB) Viewed 1755 times
no avatar
User

pug398

Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:26 am

by pug398 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:17 am

I had a sparky2 do the same thing after a firmware update and a flash of the ef bin brought it back. Not sure if that is in the brain package or not. I see it has SWD connector but can't tell whether boot pad is available or not.
no avatar
User

ufoDziner

Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:34 pm

Anaheim, CA

by ufoDziner » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:35 am

After a fresh flash, will it connect to GCS with no external devices connected?
no avatar
User

Peterev

by Peterev » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:39 am

pug398 wrote:I had a sparky2 do the same thing after a firmware update and a flash of the ef bin brought it back. Not sure if that is in the brain package or not. I see it has SWD connector but can't tell whether boot pad is available or not.

Thanks, I'll ask..
no avatar
User

Peterev

by Peterev » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:40 am

ufoDziner wrote:After a fresh flash, will it connect to GCS with no external devices connected?

I haven't tried removing the external devices, will try that later, thanks.
PreviousNext