Running TauLabs software on hardware that isn't supported? Work with others to get a new platform supported.

brain fpv PH setup

no avatar
User

greenflyer

Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:18 pm

brain fpv PH setup

by greenflyer » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:06 pm

I'm a quiet read until now and recently installed and tuned a brainfpv into a qr400 quad from flyduino.net.
I have the PID's set, Altitude hold set, 6point calibration done etc., but somehow I'm unable to get the PH working.

Here is a short video how it looks like when switching to PHLD. The quad immediatly banks to the set limit, until a certain distance is reached, banking then in another direction.
[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/149574074[/vimeo]

The attiutude algorithm is complementary, the navigation one set to INS.

Flying in INS Outdoor attitude algorith is working when hovering, as soon as I give inputs the quad goes bananas until impact. I can see the horizon in the OSD getting great offsets in bank and pitch.

I also see a change level attitude in complimentary mode after stick inputs, here another video showing this effects. There is no input from my side when the pointer is in the center of the artificial horizon.

[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/149573457[/vimeo]

First question is: are these topics coupled?

I was unable to find a guide how to tune INS or VTOLpathfollower settings. I played around with some values, without success, then went default again.

So second question is: Do I need to tune INS Settings or only VTOLpathfollower, or both? In which order?

And the resulting third is: How do I approach the tuning?

Thanks for any support and merry christmas
Robert

Edit: while asking for guides ... somehow the vimeo embedding works not as intended ....so if there is a guide as well, don't let me die stupid ;)
User

shred

Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:50 am

Re: brain fpv PH setup

by shred » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:29 am

It looks to me like you are having quite severe vibrations on your craft, which will cause the problems you are seeing. How did you mount the flight controller? I would recommend using some form of vibration damping, e.g., Zeal tape. Also, make sure the propellers are balanced or at least not damaged.
no avatar
User

sleepyduck

Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:24 am

by sleepyduck » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:28 am

greenflyer wrote:I'm a quiet read until now and recently installed and tuned a brainfpv into a qr400 quad from flyduino.net.
I have the PID's set, Altitude hold set, 6point calibration done etc., but somehow I'm unable to get the PH working.

Here is a short video how it looks like when switching to PHLD. The quad immediatly banks to the set limit, until a certain distance is reached, banking then in another direction.
[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/149574074[/vimeo]

The attiutude algorithm is complementary, the navigation one set to INS.

Flying in INS Outdoor attitude algorith is working when hovering, as soon as I give inputs the quad goes bananas until impact. I can see the horizon in the OSD getting great offsets in bank and pitch.

I also see a change level attitude in complimentary mode after stick inputs, here another video showing this effects. There is no input from my side when the pointer is in the center of the artificial horizon.

[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/149573457[/vimeo]

First question is: are these topics coupled?

I was unable to find a guide how to tune INS or VTOLpathfollower settings. I played around with some values, without success, then went default again.

So second question is: Do I need to tune INS Settings or only VTOLpathfollower, or both? In which order?

And the resulting third is: How do I approach the tuning?

Thanks for any support and merry christmas
Robert

Edit: while asking for guides ... somehow the vimeo embedding works not as intended ....so if there is a guide as well, don't let me die stupid ;)

shred is right. I think those 8-inch props + motors + frame are vibrating badly such that it caused the FC do erroneous manoeuvres.
no avatar
User

greenflyer

Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:18 pm

by greenflyer » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:24 am

Thanks for the quick answers.
The props are balanced and the frame is at least not visually vibrating. At the moment the brain is directly screwed to the frame, that's a point. I'll try to use some thick double sided tape and report the results.

merry christmas