Running TauLabs software on hardware that isn't supported? Work with others to get a new platform supported.

BrainFPV "Sensor" "Event"

no avatar
User

ufoDziner

Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:34 pm

Anaheim, CA

BrainFPV "Sensor" "Event"

by ufoDziner » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:40 am

While flying my mini quad today, I kept seeing "Sensor" and "Event" flashing on the screen, as well as poor video. What do these mean? Thanks
no avatar
User

fujin

Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:55 pm

Re: BrainFPV "Sensor" "Event"

by fujin » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:42 am

It usually means that you don't have the ground line plugged into the AV port of the Brain, taken from the ground between vtx/camera, usually.

Full Alarm text may be in the next Brain release which helps with diagnosing this, although only marginally.
no avatar
User

ufoDziner

Anaheim, CA

by ufoDziner » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:47 am

Thanks for the reply. I don't have the ground line in the AV port on any of my BrainFPV controllers. Every device on my quad shares a common ground, so it's no problem to run another to the AV port if it is necessary. Thanks to you, I'm thinking that I have a loose ground elsewhere that is causing this to appear. Now, to get it fixed to race tomorrow.
no avatar
User

fujin

Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:55 pm

by fujin » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:53 am

I've certainly had configurations where the camera, fc, and radio are all common 5v (off the vtx) and those are typically the only case where I can withhold connecting the ground line to AV port. Otherwise I just connect it.. guess I'm kind of stuck in my ways, seems kind of "magical" that it can work at all! :p
no avatar
User

ufoDziner

Anaheim, CA

by ufoDziner » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:56 am

It's easy enough to add it in, so I will. Hopefully first thing in the morning. Better add it to the other quad I'm bringing as well. Thanks again.
no avatar
User

ufoDziner

Anaheim, CA

by ufoDziner » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:46 am

No "events" today at all. Thanks!!!