For discussion on any the supported hardware platforms, such as TauLabs, Quantec, OpenPilot or the STMicro Discovery platforms.
no avatar
User

wilhelmsen

Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:31 pm

Re: TauLinkModule - gauging interest

by wilhelmsen » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:31 pm

beefsupreme wrote:
icee wrote:Check clock, also.

You're the man.

Was that it? Since you mentioned that no LED's was functioning, I guess you have them the wrong way since the PWR one comes directly from the USB's VDD through a resistor.
no avatar
User

beefsupreme

Thu May 19, 2016 8:49 pm

by beefsupreme » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:44 pm

wilhelmsen wrote:
beefsupreme wrote:
icee wrote:Check clock, also.

You're the man.

Was that it? Since you mentioned that no LED's was functioning, I guess you have them the wrong way since the PWR one comes directly from the USB's VDD through a resistor.

Hey, yeah that was the issue. The power light was coming on before I fixed the clock, but none of the other lights came on or blinked.

I'm still having issues with it though - it works fine for control but I get no telemetry when I plug the USB into my computer, and the Android GCS crashes when I try to connect (tried on multiple devices). I have it plugged into a Turnigy 9XR, if that matters.
no avatar
User

mattysiebs

Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:02 pm

by mattysiebs » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:07 pm

I am planning to do a build of the taulink module soon. Just got all the parts.

Little freaked out about the soldering bc all I have is a TS100 soldering iron. I don't have access to a hot air reflow station and I feel like that might be easier.

Mostly worried about soldering that SMT32 chip.
no avatar
User

mattysiebs

Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:02 pm

by mattysiebs » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:08 am

mattysiebs wrote:I am planning to do a build of the taulink module soon. Just got all the parts.

Little freaked out about the soldering bc all I have is a TS100 soldering iron. I don't have access to a hot air reflow station and I feel like that might be easier.

Mostly worried about soldering that SMT32 chip.

Update on this. Got it all together...mostly, but am having some issue getting the stm32demonstrator to see the USB to ttl uart CP2102.

Also the LP2992 (U2 I think) is getting REALLY hot, like unbearable to touch after a few moments.

I still do not have the RMF22B radio module installed, could that be the culprit?
Previous