For discussion on any the supported hardware platforms, such as TauLabs, Quantec, OpenPilot or the STMicro Discovery platforms.
no avatar
User

wilhelmsen

Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:31 pm

gcs finds and connects to sparky2, but no data is read

by wilhelmsen » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:30 am

So I configured my sparky2 from scratch with dronin (that should be quite compatible with taulabs), erased all settings etc. I enabled autotune, went out for a spin to tune the setup and came back to my computer. I left the copter disarmed in normal stabilized mode and disconnected the power.

Now when I connect it, both Windows, dronin and taulabs gcs finds the board (gcs says connected to sparky2), but all I get is a littlebit tx for a while before nothing happens except from tx failures keep counting. So, I am unable to connect to my fc and would like to not start rescuing, erasing board settings etc since my rfm22b modem is quite stuck inside my tx so configuring it again is a bit of a hazzle.

Any ideas? Can this be due to a bad usb connection? I wouldn't think so since windows finds it and enumerates it as sparky2, but I know I have had some issues with the usb soldering, so I will go over that ones more either way.

EDIT: I am able to read settings partition and I have also reflashed the board. Only thing left is to erase settings, but I am not able to choose that option. Is this some weird software issue? I have seen this before, and then it was just a matter of rebooting the computer, but that didn't work.
no avatar
User

wilhelmsen

Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:31 pm

Re: gcs finds and connects to sparky2, but no data is read

by wilhelmsen » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:14 pm

It was a windows driver issue, which I have seen in TauLabs as well, so my solution came from here

https://github.com/d-ronin/dRonin/wiki/ ... leshooting