For discussion on any the supported hardware platforms, such as TauLabs, Quantec, OpenPilot or the STMicro Discovery platforms.

Quanton Firmware update

no avatar
User

reddog

Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:16 am

Quanton Firmware update

by reddog » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:29 am

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get back into flying but I am having a couple of problems.

1. I like to FPV, so I am using a minimosd with this firmware - https://github.com/night-ghost/minimosd-extra. This is the firmware currently in development for minimosd. The OSD is reporting that its not getting any data from the Quanton. I have setup the firmware correctly to output Mavlink on Uart3. UPDATE - I fixed this issue by wiping the Quanton and configuring again.

2. I am currently running 20150131 firmware on the Quanton. I would like to use the latest GCS/Firmware. When I try to update the firmware to 20150713 or 20151123 (using the corresponding GCS), I get "Firmware update failed" instantly from the GCS on OSX and Windows. I have no problem configuring Quaton with 20150131. Not sure how to solve this issue.
no avatar
User

icee

Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:00 pm

Re: Quanton Firmware update

by icee » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:21 pm

The firmware got bigger after 20150131 and requires a new bootloader on Quanton to be able to flash it. So you can run a bootloader update.

I believe if you install dRonin, it will be able to automatically migrate your settings and will also do the bootloader update for you. http://dronin.org just install the software, start GCS, and plug the board in.
no avatar
User

reddog

Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:16 am

by reddog » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:16 am

Thank you icee. I haven't been around for a while, has Tau moved over to using dronin software?
no avatar
User

icee

Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:00 pm

by icee » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:05 pm

A bunch of the developers left Tau to create dRonin because of disagreements over governance and the future of the project. Other people remain at Tau but do not have time to actively develop (there's been very little commit activity on Tau in the past six months, and none in the past month).