Discussion about development tools and environments, such as STLink, OpenOCD, arm-gcc, Eclipse, Qt Creator and Visual Studio.

Problem compiling GCS

no avatar
User

MikeDFL

Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:18 pm

Problem compiling GCS

by MikeDFL » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:09 am

Finally managed to get a windows development environment "working".
And ran Make All which appears to have functioned.
However when I run the GCS I get the output shown below in the shell window.
Of particular not are the double forward slashes in the path to qml.pfd.

Any help gratefully received.

"windowsvista"
Problem opening handle, path: "\\\\?\\hid#vid_172f&pid_0501&col02#6&2316da5e&0&0001#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}"
*** addAction(): Unknown group: "Bind Wizard"
UavTalkRelay SERVER listening on QHostAddress("0.0.0.0") 2000
Loaded stylesheet: "C:/Users/Mike/taulabs/build/ground/gcs/share/taulabs/stylesheets" "default"
"UAVGadgetInstanceManager::createOptionsPages - failed to create options page for configuration TelemetrySchedulerGadget:default, configuration will be removed."
void PfdQmlGadgetWidget::setQmlFile(QString) "C:\\Users\\Mike\\taulabs\\build\\ground\\gcs\\share\\taulabs\\pfd\\default\\Pfd.qml"
Cannot open file 'pfd.svg', because: No such file or directory
file:///C:/Users/Mike/taulabs/build/ground/gcs/share/taulabs/pfd/default/SvgElementImage.qml:18: TypeError: Cannot read property 'height' of undefined
file:///C:/Users/Mike/taulabs/build/ground/gcs/share/taulabs/pfd/default/SvgElementImage.qml:17: TypeError: Cannot read property 'width' of undefined
GLC_Context::GLC_Context
GLC_Context::chooseContext
GLC_ContextSharedData::GLC_ContextSharedData()
ModelView: aircraft file not found.
Board not found
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
Using Telemetry parser
User

VArcht

Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:24 am

Re: Problem compiling GCS

by VArcht » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:13 pm

I haven't seen those errors specifically but you won't be able to build from your user directory because of path length issues. I'd try moving your repo to "C:/tl".
no avatar
User

tracernz

Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:46 am

by tracernz » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:35 pm

Is there an actual problem(i.e. GCS crashes, PFD doesn't show etc.) or are you just noting the warnings? Unfortunately GCS does generate a few warnings normally, and from memory all of those are pretty normal.
no avatar
User

tracernz

by tracernz » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:06 am

Here's my stdout+stderr output when starting current next build:
Code: Select all
mike@mike-desktop:~/Dev/TauLabs/TauLabs$ ./build/ground/gcs/bin/taulabsgcs
m_crashReporterChar:  /home/mike/Dev/TauLabs/TauLabs/build/ground/gcs/bin/crashreporterapp
"gtk+"
Starting the Udev client
*** addAction(): Unknown group:  "Bind Wizard"
UavTalkRelay SERVER listening on  QHostAddress("0.0.0.0") 2000
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_server_method
Loaded stylesheet: "/home/mike/Dev/TauLabs/TauLabs/build/ground/gcs/share/taulabs/stylesheets" "wide"
"UAVGadgetInstanceManager::createOptionsPages - failed to create options page for configuration TelemetrySchedulerGadget:default, configuration will be removed."
void PfdQmlGadgetWidget::setQmlFile(QString) "/home/mike/Dev/TauLabs/TauLabs/build/ground/gcs/share/taulabs/pfd/default/Pfd.qml"
file:///home/mike/Dev/TauLabs/TauLabs/build/ground/gcs/share/taulabs/pfd/default/SvgElementImage.qml:18: TypeError: Cannot read property 'height' of undefined
file:///home/mike/Dev/TauLabs/TauLabs/build/ground/gcs/share/taulabs/pfd/default/SvgElementImage.qml:17: TypeError: Cannot read property 'width' of undefined
Board not found
no avatar
User

MikeDFL

by MikeDFL » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:44 am

@VArcht
I followed the Windows dev environment set up instructions, in the Wiki (https://github.com/TauLabs/TauLabs/wiki ... dows-setup),
using the command "git clone https://github.com/taulabs/taulabs" to install the repo and that results in it being installed in my user directory.

I'll rebuild again using "git clone https://github.com/taulabs/taulabs c:/Taulabs" and see if that helps
But even so, doesn't the use of double backslashes in
void PfdQmlGadgetWidget::setQmlFile(QString) "C:\\Users\\Mike\\taulabs\\build\\ground\\gcs\\share\\taulabs\\pfd\\default\\Pfd.qml"
suggests there might be a coding issue (even though Tracernz doesn't appear to have that problem?

@tracernz
Yes there is a problem the GCS crashes shorthly after the last shell message with the following
"taulabsgcs.exe has stopped working"

I thought it couldn't find pfd.svg
(which is actually located in "C:/Users/Mike/taulabs/build/ground/gcs/share/taulabs/pfd/default/)
due to the double slashes but I see from your output (without the double slashes) that it can't find the file either.

I've just run the master build GCS (which works ok) and found this in the log window on the system page:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10:39:00[DEBUG]void PfdQmlGadgetWidget::setQmlFile(QString) "C:\\gcs Master\\share\\taulabs\\pfd\\default\\Pfd.qml"
10:39:00[WARNING]Cannot open file 'pfd.svg', because: No such file or directory
10:39:00[WARNING]file:///C:/gcs Master/share/taulabs/pfd/default/SvgElementImage.qml:18: TypeError: Cannot read property 'height' of undefined
10:39:00[WARNING]file:///C:/gcs Master/share/taulabs/pfd/default/SvgElementImage.qml:17: TypeError: Cannot read property 'width' of undefined

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So the double quotes are even in the working version.

So my crash problem must be elsewhere.
no avatar
User

MikeDFL

by MikeDFL » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:48 pm

I have changed the repo location to C:/TL recompiled and I get similar results in the shell window (see below) and then the exe stops working and exits.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
"windowsvista"
Problem opening handle, path: "\\\\?\\hid#vid_172f&pid_0501&col02#6&2316da5e&0&0001#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}"
*** addAction(): Unknown group: "Bind Wizard"
UavTalkRelay SERVER listening on QHostAddress("0.0.0.0") 2000
Loaded stylesheet: "C:/TL/build/ground/gcs/share/taulabs/stylesheets" "default"
void PfdQmlGadgetWidget::setQmlFile(QString) "C:\\TL\\build\\ground\\gcs\\share\\taulabs\\pfd\\default\\Pfd.qml"
file:///C:/TL/build/ground/gcs/share/taulabs/pfd/default/SvgElementImage.qml:18: TypeError: Cannot read property 'height' of undefined
file:///C:/TL/build/ground/gcs/share/taulabs/pfd/default/SvgElementImage.qml:17: TypeError: Cannot read property 'width' of undefined
Board not found
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
no avatar
User

tracernz

by tracernz » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:20 pm

I started fixing some of these errors last night and got down to this:
Code: Select all
mike@mike-desktop:~/Dev/TauLabs/TauLabs$ ./build/ground/gcs/bin/taulabsgcs
m_crashReporterChar:  /home/mike/Dev/TauLabs/TauLabs/build/ground/gcs/bin/crashreporterapp
"gtk+"
Starting the Udev client
*** addAction(): Unknown group:  "Bind Wizard"
UavTalkRelay SERVER listening on  QHostAddress("0.0.0.0") 2000
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_server_method
Loaded stylesheet: "/home/mike/Dev/TauLabs/TauLabs/build/ground/gcs/share/taulabs/stylesheets" "wide"
Board not found

I think they're all unrelated to whatever is causing your build to crash though. A better place to look would be compiler warnings while building, and starting a debug session from within Qt creator. The debugger should tell you where it is crashing.
no avatar
User

MikeDFL

by MikeDFL » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:37 am

Before I dive headlong, blindfold, into the murky depths of the code can anyone confirm that the current Next branch (as of c. 11am gmt yesterday) does build the GCS successfully?