Discussion about development tools and environments, such as STLink, OpenOCD, arm-gcc, Eclipse, Qt Creator and Visual Studio.

OSD Simulation

no avatar
User

chinbeardengle

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:29 am

OSD Simulation

by chinbeardengle » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:38 am

Hello Everyone,
I have successfully set up the VM and am very familiar with eclipse. I'm about a week into deciphering the code in eclipse but I would really like to experiment with creating a new module. Just wondering if there is any way to simulate the OSD or if the only way to do it is to upload the firmware to the Brain controller and just test it live? Very new to micro controllers so sorry if this question is a little nooby.
User

shred

Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:50 am

Re: OSD Simulation

by shred » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:02 am

chinbeardengle wrote:Hello Everyone,
I have successfully set up the VM and am very familiar with eclipse. I'm about a week into deciphering the code in eclipse but I would really like to experiment with creating a new module. Just wondering if there is any way to simulate the OSD or if the only way to do it is to upload the firmware to the Brain controller and just test it live? Very new to micro controllers so sorry if this question is a little nooby.

The OSD is currently not supported in the simulation, so testing on actual hardware works best.