Discussion about development tools and environments, such as STLink, OpenOCD, arm-gcc, Eclipse, Qt Creator and Visual Studio.

Virtual Machine issues

no avatar
User

goodstuff

Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:47 am

Virtual Machine issues

by goodstuff » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:31 am

Hello forum!

I'm pretty new at the developing side for tau labs.
So here are my main issues:
1. The VM File packaged in tar.gz is allway corruptet, when unpacking it with 7zip or winrar.
- Thanks for the .zip file I found here
2. I got reel big problems to get the ST-Link linked from my physikal machine to VMbox manager.
-Cloned some other working machines and linked the virtual hdd
3. The newest Code from Git is not compiling. I'm not sure which part of the projekt ist responsible for this.
- took the original code from the VM

now the unsolved stuff:

1. I wrote some code to get the UAV objekts better knowen. Unfortunetly there was no good dokumantation about the syntax so I took advices from LibrePilot, which is still unsatisfying. Is there a place to look for in the code, because the wiki isn't helping that well. I am using the flyingf3 and I was not able to get an update inside an UAV objekt.

2. To get knowen where my Code is not working I tried to debug. So far i get the openocd to work in the terminal AND eclipse. But as soon as i want to bind flight to gdb and start debugging, eclipse is given me:
>"monitor" command not supported by this target.
>set mem inaccessible-by-default off
>compare-sections
>command cannot be used without an exec file

in the Terminal i get the error for openocd after i tried to link gdb to openocd:
>Error: Cannot identify target as a stm32x
>Error: auto_probe failed
>Error: Connect failed. Consider setting up a gdb-attach event for the target to prepare target for GDB connect, or use >'gdb_memory_map disable'.
>Error: attempted 'gdb' connection rejected

So, thats it so far. I couldnt find any solution, rather in the forum nor out there in the web.
Maybe there is a newer VM withe a little more hdd space, so you can do a litte upgrading and installing by myself?
I like this taulabs code it's very selfdiscribing and got a lot of recorces.
GO TAULABS!