Development discussion of TauLabs software such as ground control stations, antenna trackers etc.
no avatar
User

rolfz

Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:47 pm

Switzerland

How to create GCS executable for Windows

by rolfz » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:31 pm

Hi, Is there any document that explains how to create an gcs.exe file ? I have been able to update and compile GCS on Ubuntu in a virtual box, but have not found any details about how to make an executable for windows. :(
User

peabody124

Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:33 pm

Re: How to create GCS executable for Windows

by peabody124 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:58 pm

no avatar
User

rolfz

Switzerland

by rolfz » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:50 am

Thank you Peabody, this pages and the Windows part explains how to install the developpment env. on Windows, but it does not speak at all about how to create the .exe file that is normally distributed by the windows package.

So maybe someone who did it explains that the windows exe needs to be compiled with the Windows QT installed.

A feedback would help to avoid to reinstall and migrate all my files for my modified quanton on windows, and then realize that it was not necessary. I would be very glad to hear from the guys who are making the releases how they compile the windows GCS part.
no avatar
User

PT_Dreamer

Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:01 pm

by PT_Dreamer » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:26 am

Exactly the same way you did on linux, start a shell (ie git bash) and type "make standalone"
no avatar
User

rolfz

Switzerland

by rolfz » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:38 pm

Great, I did not see that part of the commands, I am going to it immediately.
no avatar
User

rolfz

Switzerland

by rolfz » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:05 pm

Hi again,

Now I am able to modify and compile all modified quanton files under windows, I have one more question, How can I "TAG" or set a Version Name to my personal Taulab release ? I would understand this would remove the "dirty" flag on my release ?