Development discussion of TauLabs software such as ground control stations, antenna trackers etc.

Another taulabsgcs.exe error

no avatar
User

Aviraj

Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:14 pm

Another taulabsgcs.exe error

by Aviraj » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:43 pm

Hi

I just did a "make all" from the build environment (by running sh.cmd). It took around 1 hour and completed without any errors. I see a newly created taulabs.exe file in my C:\TauLabs\build\ground\gcs\bin folder. However, when I try to execute it, I get a taulabsgcs.exe error.

taulabsgcs_error.PNG
taulabsgcs_error.PNG (15.23 KiB) Viewed 3296 times

As per a previous post, I have added the folder C:\TauLabs\tools\Qt5.5.0\5.5\mingw492_32\bin to my Windows Environment variables too, but that does not help either.

Any suggestions ? :(
no avatar
User

Aviraj

Re: Another taulabsgcs.exe error

by Aviraj » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:26 pm

I copied over a few .dll files and that error seems to have been fixed. However, now when I try to run taulabsgcs.exe, I get this platform error

gcs_win_error.PNG
gcs_win_error.PNG (83.55 KiB) Viewed 3285 times
User

guilhermito

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:16 pm

by guilhermito » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:58 am

Is there any particular reason why you are tying to build your own GCS?
No idea what dll's you copied but that is probably the issue. You should delete the build directory and then run "make standalone". It will copy the required libraries to the build directory.
no avatar
User

Aviraj

by Aviraj » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:48 pm

I am trying to build the GCS because when I do a "make fw_aq32" and flash the newly created fw_aq32.tlfw file using the Firmware tab on the GCS, it flashes successfully, but then it throws an error saying that the GCS and Firmware versions are different and all my configurations are lost. In order to have the GCS the same version as the firmware, I am trying to build the GCS. Is there something that I am missing ?
I mean I understand that I should not need to build the GCS everytime I make small changes to the code and flash the firmware, but this is the only way I thought that will work ! Please help :(
User

VArcht

Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:24 am

by VArcht » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:02 pm

If the make standalone didn't work for some reason, look what QT libs are included with the release and copy the debug versions to your build tree, or just dump them all in there.
no avatar
User

Aviraj

by Aviraj » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:49 pm

I did do a "make standalone" and it did work fine. I can also open the taulabsgcs.exe that it created in the /build/ground/gcs/bin folder :). However, my question is that I will still have to flash the firmware file using the firmware tab on the gcs, in order to implement the changes made to the code. Wont this again create a firmware/gcs version error ?
no avatar
User

icee

Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:00 pm

by icee » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:55 pm

What I usually do is make the flight firmware and GCS from the same tree. After make standalone you can do make fw_aq32 and then use the matching GCS to flash the firmware. After that you should have no UAV object mismatch errors.
no avatar
User

Aviraj

by Aviraj » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:05 pm

That is exactly what I was thinking and just about did. However, as luck would have it, I get these errors !

git_fw_error.PNG
git_fw_error.PNG (17.08 KiB) Viewed 3243 times

Haven't encountered them before. Have built the firmware quite a few times over the last couple of days. First time seeing this :(
no avatar
User

Therflub

Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:33 pm

Russia

Another taulabsgcs exe error

by Therflub » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:36 pm

Hi,

Can you try to type in the amps serial number in the DeviceIDMaster parameter instead of auto ?

Does this help?

Gerv

___
SocPlugin: Effective app for promotion in soc.nets
no avatar
User

Laurakep

Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:10 pm

Russia

Another taulabsgcs exe error

by Laurakep » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:03 am

Just to clarify: You are saying that operat.exe starts correctly when you click on it, but gives this error when you use BCILauncher.exe?

Gerv

___
NEW XRumer 12.0.19: revolutional method in SEO and SMM