Development discussion of TauLabs software such as ground control stations, antenna trackers etc.
no avatar
User

zylantha

Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:54 pm

Re: Log file viewer

by zylantha » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:57 pm

This is exactly what I was looking for - unfortunately it doesn't work with the log from my BrainFPV which has switched to dronin (even though so much of dronin still refers to tau labs - including the header on the log file).

No error message - it just doesn't open the log file.
no avatar
User

mcg

Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:49 pm

by mcg » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:10 am

Hi!
This bit of software hasn't been touched in ages - If there's still interest in it maybe it should be added to the GIT for Tau or dRonin (first time I've heard of this), and maybe someone can pick up on development?
Had a quick scan though the dRonin source and it looks like it doing things in pretty much the same way (Still the same Sync value, object value etc) and still looks like its ordering the header in the same Sync+Object+PkgSize+ObjectId format. So in 'theory' it should be able to work with the dRonin files.
As a starting point I would suggest moving a few of the dRonin uav XML files into the working folder of the log viewer executable (replace / remove the existing ones). If the structure of the XML has changed then the object ID will have also changed so it wont be able to match the IDs up in the log file.
Get the XMLs from https://github.com/d-ronin/dRonin/tree/ ... definition
I haven't yet looked to see if the object IDs are generated in the same way but Ill have a look in a bit and suggest a fix.
Unfortunately the log viewer was something I knocked together in an afternoon and haven't done much with since. It doesn't contain very helpful debugging but if you want to have a go I can give you a few pointers.
no avatar
User

alexpaul

Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:24 am

by alexpaul » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:14 am

very nice work! more easy to check log file
looking forward to a final release
Previous