Development discussion of TauLabs software such as ground control stations, antenna trackers etc.

coax x setup

no avatar
User

mookie

Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:44 pm

coax x setup

by mookie » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:51 pm

Just a quick question about setting up a coax x 8 on sparky 2.
as there are only 6pwm outputs do i just set the software as a quad and link the esc signal wires or is there some other way. i have seen 7,8,9, 10 pwm on the brushed output but i would need to reverse the pwm signal, i have seen a tab in blheli but i'm unsure about it, any help would be appreciated.

malc
no avatar
User

icee

Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:00 pm

Re: coax x setup

by icee » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:56 pm

You've got it exactly right. It just goes to the PWM port where it's inverted. You'd need a pullup and to teach the ESC to expect inverted input, which I don't really recommend.

If you're not using the radio or fets, maybe consider using sparky1?
no avatar
User

mookie

by mookie » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:10 pm

I always use the radio to set it up once i have gone through the wizard. So would like to stay with sparky2. there is a tab in blheli where you can reverse the input polarity, but i think i will take the easy option and set it up as a quad and link the esc signals.

thanks icee

malc
no avatar
User

icee

Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:00 pm

by icee » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:18 pm

No problem.. But note on a normal coaxial quad the rotors are counter-rotating and you won't have yaw control if you link the ESC signals.
no avatar
User

mookie

by mookie » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:12 pm

Quick update.

I have just bought a revo 30x30 which should give me the 8 outputs i'm looking for rather than trash my sparky 2's. i'm never a fan of removing components from the board.