Development discussion of TauLabs software such as ground control stations, antenna trackers etc.
no avatar
User

ufoDziner

Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:34 pm

Anaheim, CA

GCS won't run on win 7 (older hardware)

by ufoDziner » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:30 am

I have a tiny computer that I like to take with me for field programming. It was running Tau Labs GCS fine prior to the 922 release. 922 wouldn't run, nor does the 928 Brain FPV version. With the 922, I get OpenGL errors (also get them on the BrainFPV version as well), and I get a bunch of various "api-ms-win-core-xxxxxx.dll" errors. I gave up after installing 16 of them and still no relief. I've tried both the stand alone and installed versions of the non-BrainFPV versions with the same results. Is there something that I'm missing with these? Thanks in advance.
no avatar
User

mookie

Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:44 pm

Re: GCS won't run on win 7 (older hardware)

by mookie » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:32 am

Follow the directions on this page, i'm sure this will sort out your issue.

https://github.com/TauLabs/TauLabs/wiki ... le-systems
no avatar
User

ufoDziner

Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:34 pm

Anaheim, CA

by ufoDziner » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:14 pm

Thanks mookie! I couldn't find that for the life of me. I can now bring the computer that I'm supposed to bring to the field, not me daily driver.
no avatar
User

mookie

by mookie » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:14 pm

No problem, I'm having to bring my full size laptop rather than my old acer aspire, due to Samsung 850 Pro firmware upgrade failure, if you have an 850 Pro don't upgrade the FW.
no avatar
User

sleepyduck

Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:24 am

by sleepyduck » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:13 pm

mookie wrote:No problem, I'm having to bring my full size laptop rather than my old acer aspire, due to Samsung 850 Pro firmware upgrade failure, if you have an 850 Pro don't upgrade the FW.

It seems that samsung is still having issues with its SSDs. Few weeks ago, someone asked me whether samsung ssd is a good buy given the good reputation of their other electronics. Thankfully, I did not recommend any. :shock:
no avatar
User

mookie

by mookie » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:13 pm

The 850 Pro is a great drive just dont use Samsung Magician to update the Firmware, if it fails then the drive is bricked, luckily i still have the original, so it wont be too much of an issue to copy again to a new SSD its just a pain. You would have thought Samsung would have pullled magician or sorted the Firmware update,,, live and learn....