Development discussion of TauLabs software such as ground control stations, antenna trackers etc.

GCS Drops Telemetry Win10

no avatar
User

mookie

Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:44 pm

GCS Drops Telemetry Win10

by mookie » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:28 pm

Sparky2
OpLink Mini
taulabs_next_20151112_210444_304de3106d_win32.exe

I have been having this problem for some time, i connect to GCS and its fine for a few seconds or sometimes a few minutes after which the Artificial horizon keeps moving but i get "No Link" on the Alarm monitor panel, underneath the slightly greyed out panel you can still see the coloured alarm notices. All the other pages completely drop out.
I have tried with my Laptop and My Surface 3, they are both running win 10.
Its impossible to download any logs because the above happens and the download does not finish. I have tried all sorts of configurations. It seems better when less modules are running, It also seems to work longer when i turn FIFO buffers off and apply Hardware flow control. But this might have been coincidental. I have tried with My very old Acer XP laptop which seems better but in the end the same thing happens. It does seem worse when i connect directly to the usb on Sparky2 rather then connecting to the OpLink Mini, but either way the same happens above. I have fought with this over and over before posting here.
This is the only Part of TauLabs i am having trouble with Everything else works perfectly.
no avatar
User

mookie

Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:44 pm

Re: GCS Drops Telemetry Win10

by mookie » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:58 pm

It would seem I was the only one having issues. Well I solved it :) using surface 3 TL Gcs / Android Gcs> Bluetooth HC-06> Oplink mini > sparky 2, absolutley bullet proof connection, took a couple of nights to get the bluetooth module, oplink mini etc all talking but now it is, I'll build a small enclosure with a 2 cell lipo, 5 volt reg, oplink & bluetooth HC-06 so I can pop it on the car roof. No more GCS issues. :)