Development discussion of TauLabs software such as flight controllers, sensors, radios and speed controllers.

Auto tune: Article?

no avatar
User

tracernz

Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:46 am

Re: Auto tune: Article?

by tracernz » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:38 pm

If you disarm with the flight mode switch in the autotune position it will save the results I believe.
no avatar
User

ufoDziner

Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:34 pm

Anaheim, CA

by ufoDziner » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:22 am

What about removing the battery? I have been disarming, and removing the battery, and from what I can tell, it's still working.
no avatar
User

ufoDziner

Anaheim, CA

by ufoDziner » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:27 am

So, it appears that the battery can be removed and the settings are saved.

On a related note, autotune seems to be sensitive to the PID settings used during the autotune session. If I start with the default PIDs, the quad will move about in a somewhat controlled manner until the tune is done and present a set of numbers. If at that point I apply the recommended PIDs, and run autotune again, the quad can get very aggressive during the autotune, and present a vastly different set of numbers.

Is there a way to use a qualified set of PIDs for the tune to achieve an optimum result? Thanks
no avatar
User

fujin

Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:55 pm

by fujin » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:49 am

Use a known good baseline. If default pids are OK, go with those. If you have to autotune or hand tune to get to a stable baseline, go with that. I usually export it as a starting point once I have found it and run 10 or so tunes through it until I start seeing similar numbers pop up from the same starting point.
no avatar
User

ufoDziner

Anaheim, CA

by ufoDziner » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:55 am

Okay, thanks for the tip.
Previous