Development discussion of TauLabs software such as flight controllers, sensors, radios and speed controllers.
User

Holzleim

Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:41 am

Germany, near Bonn

Re: FrSKY SmartPort telemetry

by Holzleim » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:30 pm

It is working now!
Tahnks!

So, for every one thinking about an inverter cricuit: Just use the one from the wiki, simple made of one n-channel and one p-channel FET. Maybe use instead of the 39k resistor something like 5k.
Signal edges are clear, no problems to be expected.
no avatar
User

Trex

Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:35 pm

by Trex » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:23 pm

Also my different circuit with a dual logic inverter seems to work for me without problems, and i also got positive feedback from some other people.

I described it here in the forums:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=223&start=80#p5341
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=223&start=90#p5566
no avatar
User

ufoDziner

Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:34 pm

Anaheim, CA

by ufoDziner » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:01 am

Trex wrote:Also my different circuit with a dual logic inverter seems to work for me without problems, and i also got positive feedback from some other people.

I described it here in the forums:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=223&start=80#p5341
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=223&start=90#p5566

Trex,
I'm want to order the same parts as you, but just want to confirm something first. The inverter that you're using is for S.PORT receivers, with a Sparky2 correct? If so, I'm going to get these going right away. Thanks!
no avatar
User

Trex

Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:35 pm

by Trex » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:50 am

Hi,
I am using it with a Quanton Flight Control and a FrSky X4R-SB.
But Sparky2 uses the same µC so i don't see any reason why it should not work there.

As i don't have a Sparky2 yet, i can't test it.
User

dandys

Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:25 pm

Czech republic

by dandys » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:51 am

I've just updated wiki page (diff)

It reflects recent changes on next branch.

With the new OpenTx version 2.1.0 and with recent changes there is also an significant improvement when using multiple sensors on smartport bus together with filght controller.
no avatar
User

AtomicBomberman

Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:07 am

by AtomicBomberman » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:31 am

snoekieboe wrote:I'm interested in using smartport telemtry between my Naze32 board an my FrSky X8R receiver.
Since Naze32 does not have a hardware inverter for smartport in need to build one myself.

I noticed you guys setting up a DIY inverter but i just can't seem to figure out which components you used to actually make this work.

Thanks in advance!

Hi snoekieboe!
Did you succeed? I would like to achieve the same thing and i'm not sure if and what hardware inverter i have to use.

@trex: will your hardware inverter also work with a naze32?

I'm using the Naze32 Rev-6 and would like to send telemetry data to the X8R receiver.
Maybe someone else can help me with that?
Thanks a lot!
Joe
no avatar
User

Mugenski

Sat May 28, 2016 6:36 am

by Mugenski » Sat May 28, 2016 6:39 am

Holzleim wrote:It is working now!
Tahnks!

So, for every one thinking about an inverter cricuit: Just use the one from the wiki, simple made of one n-channel and one p-channel FET. Maybe use instead of the 39k resistor something like 5k.
Signal edges are clear, no problems to be expected.

I am looking to make the inverter for a Revo board, you mention one P channel and one N channel. Which one is which in the diagram? I was going to order two BC547b but will that not work? My electrical knowledge is very noob :oops:
User

Holzleim

Germany, near Bonn

by Holzleim » Mon May 30, 2016 6:57 pm

Q1 is the n-channel FET and Q2 the p-channel. I think I took 2N7002 as n-channel and maybe something with ...358p as p-channel.
BR,
Thomas
no avatar
User

larry101053

Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:06 am

by larry101053 » Mon May 30, 2016 9:04 pm

I found that when using an X4R receiver it is very easy to remove the inverter that the X4R has. If anyone is interested I'll post the information on how to remove the inverter. It takes about five minutes and you can reverse the hack. You'll need good soldering skills.

Larry
User

Holzleim

Germany, near Bonn

by Holzleim » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:37 pm

Hi Larry,

Sounds interesting, would simplify things. Especially on ultra-light builds where every gramm count. Would be nive if you could share it. I have high soldering skills and all technology needed available.
Thx, Thomas
PreviousNext