Development discussion of TauLabs software such as flight controllers, sensors, radios and speed controllers.
no avatar
User

cedric

Sat May 16, 2015 1:30 pm

Re: LQG (linear quadratic gaussian) controller

by cedric » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:57 am

Per Peabody:

"Also, when you have the closed loop performance wrapped around it that also can alter what you measure (so why it's best to run autotune with default settings)"

I wasn't aware I was supposed to run autotune with default settings. So to clarify, you mean that modules altitude hold, vtol path follower, and maybe GPS should not be selected in the GCS when using the autotune module?

Edit:

It just occurred to me I might be asking the wrong question. So far I've be doing autotune with "leveling" flight mode switched active.
Is that OK? I don't fly in rate mode, and don't even think I could keep the quad under control in rate mode while it's doing it's shaky thing during autotune.
User

peabody124

Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:33 pm

by peabody124 » Sun May 01, 2016 12:05 am

I mean the stabilization settings should be defaults. Curiously for a perfectly linear system it should matter since the system identification attempts to learn the open loop response, but in practice it does make a difference.
no avatar
User

auturgy

Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:42 am

Australia

by auturgy » Wed May 11, 2016 10:13 am

G'day James. This is really exciting - I'm sure you realise this, but it is a significant advancement. Keep up the great work!
User

peabody124

Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:33 pm

by peabody124 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:37 am

I finally had a chance to write up the LQG controller I've been working on this year

http://buildandcrash.blogspot.com/2016/ ... ystem.html

Previous