Development discussion of TauLabs software such as flight controllers, sensors, radios and speed controllers.
no avatar
User

piglet_74

Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:06 pm

Unable to Build in Ubuntu 14.04 32bit

by piglet_74 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:00 pm

Is anyone able to successfully build next in 14.04 32bit. I'm getting an QT error when I try to run make that says undefined reference to QTString in main.cpp on line 187. I'm running QT5.5.0. I tried it in QTCreator with the same results. Also, if this is not the current approved linux build environment please let me know and I'll drop back to whatever everyone is using to compile successfully. Thx.
no avatar
User

piglet_74

Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:06 pm

Re: Unable to Build in Ubuntu 14.04 32bit

by piglet_74 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:43 pm

OK I got it to work but I think I now understand peabody's response to my question. To get it to compile I had to do a clean with qtcreator. I guess it fixed the references to qt4. Anyway, I compiled the firmware to check the size and see if removing PIOs would make it smaller but I think everything is interdependent. So I started getting errors about modules like GPS I was trying to leave out of the build. Makes sense. Just thought it might be an easy way to get autotune to work on cc3d. I built the mostly to learn on so learning tuning will be first. Just thought a machine can tune better since it can measure things accurately and I would just be guessing.