Chat about quadcopters, tricopters, hexacopters or your decacopter.
User

MrSatoV

Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:14 am

Re: Oneshot125 on CC3D board, not working with PPM on RC IN

by MrSatoV » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:44 am

spdmodz wrote:
MrSatoV wrote:Well it works just fine on OP. Don't know why it can't in TL as well. I have no experience with sbus, but my rx does support it, so will have to look into that. Do you have info on it, or can pay a link to info?

Here is how i did it.Image

Just turn of the rcvr port...and enable sbus on main port. Then do the radio config...

Yeah... do the radio config. Got to this part and that's where suddenly I'm lost. In my TX, there's i-BUS setup. I'm guessing/hoping it's the same thing. I've attached a shot of the screen. I have no idea what a "corresponding interface servo button" is! There is a page for each channel.
Also, in the Wizard I chose PPM and OneShot, but I guess once I change the recvr port to disabled and enable sbus on the main port it's no longer PPM. Or is sbus/ibus the same thing as ppm?

Sorry to be such a noob at this.
Attachments
ibus (Small).jpg
ibus (Small).jpg (65.82 KiB) Viewed 1572 times
no avatar
User

spdmodz

Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:42 pm

by spdmodz » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:02 am

Sorry man.. i have no idea what ibus is.
User

MrSatoV

by MrSatoV » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:11 am

spdmodz wrote:Sorry man.. i have no idea what ibus is.

LOL no worries... I just downloaded the manual. I'll see what I can find out.
So, if you use sBUS, you have a futaba TX? What does the config look like for it on your TX?
no avatar
User

spdmodz

Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:42 pm

by spdmodz » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:13 am

MrSatoV wrote:
spdmodz wrote:Sorry man.. i have no idea what ibus is.

LOL no worries... I just downloaded the manual. I'll see what I can find out.
So, if you use sBUS, you have a futaba TX? What does the config look like for it on your TX?

No i use the frsky taranis with the x4r receiver.
User

MrSatoV

by MrSatoV » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:43 am

Jeeze man, why oh why did I buy this f'n FlySky TX?? I mean, I like it, but so many incompatibilities. No real RX alternatives - only the few FlySky makes and they are big. Grrr. I can actually make a tiny and light PPM RX, but sound like that won't help me get Taulabs working. I don't really understand why they (devs) can't just map pin 8 for PPM the way OP does. I've seen suggestions on how to do it, and obviously it's possible. I find it hard to believe anyone on the team would think CC3D doesn't represent a large enough audience, or that using SBUS or hacks was a good solution. Honestly, I'm starting to get a bad taste in my mouth about TL over this. Is TL just for people with disposable income? I really hope that's not the case. I was pretty excited to hear about TauLabs support for CC3D, but... there isn't really. At least not for me.
no avatar
User

ernieift

Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:21 am

by ernieift » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:35 pm

It saddens me to read something like that. I myself have no PPM receiver here. So I could not even test the changes. I understand your problem, but I'm doing this just as a hobby. So you need a bit of patience until someone takes care of it. It would be nice if you bring your problem here discussed. Maybe nobody (of the devs) knows it. I'm sorry about the scarce response, but I'm not one of those with disposable income and must divide my free time.
regards
User

MrSatoV

by MrSatoV » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:11 am

ernieift wrote:It saddens me to read something like that. I myself have no PPM receiver here. So I could not even test the changes. I understand your problem, but I'm doing this just as a hobby. So you need a bit of patience until someone takes care of it. It would be nice if you bring your problem here discussed. Maybe nobody (of the devs) knows it. I'm sorry about the scarce response, but I'm not one of those with disposable income and must divide my free time.
regards

Thanks Ernie, I guess I was just venting my frustration. I'll try there. Despite what it sounds like, I'll never abandon the effort completely. It is kind of unfathomable that I'm the only one with this issue, given CC3D is arguably the most common FC, and even if it is getting long in the tooth, it works great still. Otherwise people would stop buying it. I do understand the devs' reluctance to focus on it though, just has OP has. Or at least OPNG. LOL I fight that fight as well. Don't give up on the CC3D!
User

VArcht

Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:24 am

by VArcht » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:38 am

You can fly if you turn off comppwm right? Just leave breaking on and it should still fly pretty well.
User

MrSatoV

by MrSatoV » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:02 am

VArcht wrote:You can fly if you turn off comppwm right? Just leave breaking on and it should still fly pretty well.

Hmmm... I'm not sure how that would work... my problem is that I have no TX input because I can't correctly define it in any way. Apparently some have found ways, but none are available to me because I have a FlySky setup. (FS-i6, not i10 or 9x) This is my biggest frustration. I see others using it and loving it, and I'm not able to. LOL I feel like the last kid to be chosen for a kickball team. :lol:

It seems so simple! I would think there MUST be an assignment for the PPM pin if anyone is getting it to work - most would be using PPM these days, as my understanding that it is required for use of OneShot, and damped light being dependent on OneShot. So then... what is this guy doing?

tracernz commented 8 days ago
Since fixing the stack sizes (5b98d5a) I have test flown this on both Naze32 rev. 5 and CC3D. Flew with a PPM RX in acro and horizon mode with full throttle punchouts etc. on a 4S powered 250 without issue. I'm happy with this now. :+1: I have also now reviewed all of the code and am satisfied. There is plenty of work to do before the target is fully supported but this PR will get us flyable.

He says PPM RX. Despite anything related to OneShot or engine breaking, to use a CC3D with PPM, there has to be a pin being used. Hell, I don't care if its the recvr port, main port, flex port... or solder to the frickin board (which I highly doubt), I'll do it, just someone tell me what it is so I can move on. ;)
no avatar
User

icee

Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:00 pm

by icee » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:16 am

Hi. I've been doing a fair bit of the development and release management lately. I've also done things like reduce resource requirements so autotune runs on CC3D again.

Code that supported OneShot came in this past release. Other targets didn't need any change to pin assignments to support OneShot, but because of timer limitations on CC3D it seems there's a limitation of what pin can be used for PPM.

You can use another (serial) protocol to get control input in, or you can elect not to use OneShot. OneShot is not required to use damped light; it just makes the control loop a couple milliseconds more responsive which is a limited win for CC3D anyways.

During the window when people were enabling OneShot and this release window, no testers reported any issues with CC3D. Many configurations work. Sadly, we don't have a corporate QA department where a full matrix of input type, board, and output speed is being tested.

Please report an issue and it may be resolved in the next release.
PreviousNext