Chat about quadcopters, tricopters, hexacopters or your decacopter.
no avatar
User

Zsantolim

Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:38 am

Oneshot125 on CC3D board, not working with PPM on RC IN 1

by Zsantolim » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:50 pm

Hey guys,

I was trying to configure my CC3D board, using the 20150705-1d99a3c5 pre-release Taulabs version.
I have read the guide on the wiki https://github.com/TauLabs/TauLabs/wiki/User-Guide:-OneShot125, and I understand that there are a lot of restrictions due to limited clock hardware on the CC3D board.
But it seems that if we can use PPM input on RC In 6, we can have Oneshot available on the 4 output channels. At least it seems that this is what Openpilot is doing.

My question is: is there a way to change the PPM input to channel RC IN 6 and make Servo 1...4 work with Oneshot?
User

jhitesma

Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:14 am

Yuma, AZ - USA

Re: Oneshot125 on CC3D board, not working with PPM on RC IN

by jhitesma » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:13 pm

The wiki info on oneshot is a little out of date. I wrote the original article but a lot has changed since I wrote it. I really want to update it but haven't had time to even try the latest builds yet let alone update the wiki.

My big work project is wrapping up and I just finished my big trip of the year so hopefully within another month or so I'll have time to catch up and update that page. But until then I'd suggest asking in IRC for the latest info unless someone else familiar with the latest changes steps up to update that page.
no avatar
User

Zsantolim

Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:38 am

by Zsantolim » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:23 pm

jhitesma wrote:The wiki info on oneshot is a little out of date. I wrote the original article but a lot has changed since I wrote it. I really want to update it but haven't had time to even try the latest builds yet let alone update the wiki.

My big work project is wrapping up and I just finished my big trip of the year so hopefully within another month or so I'll have time to catch up and update that page. But until then I'd suggest asking in IRC for the latest info unless someone else familiar with the latest changes steps up to update that page.

Thanks jhitesma for the answer.
I mean, I was browsing the code for CC3D setup, and now, what I wonder is that, for anyone to change the PPM input channel, from RC IN 1 to RC IN 6, is simple as editing flight/target/coptercontrol/board-info/board_hw_defs.c and changing line 1333:
from the first channel:
Code: Select all
.channels = &pios_tim_rcvrport_all_channels[0],

to the sixth channel:
.channels = &pios_tim_rcvrport_all_channels[5],

Is it this simple or am I missing the big picture?
I have not tried this yet.
no avatar
User

spdmodz

Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:42 pm

by spdmodz » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:07 pm

Zsantolim wrote:
jhitesma wrote:The wiki info on oneshot is a little out of date. I wrote the original article but a lot has changed since I wrote it. I really want to update it but haven't had time to even try the latest builds yet let alone update the wiki.

Thanks jhitesma for the answer.
I mean, I was browsing the code for CC3D setup, and now, what I wonder is that, for anyone to change the PPM input channel, from RC IN 1 to RC IN 6, and changing line 1333:
from the first channel:

to the sixth channel:

Is it this simple or am I missing the big picture?
I have not tried this yet.

I had the same problem....fixed it by using sbus on the main port instead.

No ppm works on cc3d with oneshot that i could see.
User

MrSatoV

Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:14 am

by MrSatoV » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:07 pm

Well it works just fine on OP. Don't know why it can't in TL as well. I have no experience with sbus, but my rx does support it, so will have to look into that. Do you have info on it, or can pay a link to info?
no avatar
User

ernieift

Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:21 am

by ernieift » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:31 am

Just try to remap the outputs in the gcs and use some receiver pins for this.
User

MrSatoV

Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:14 am

by MrSatoV » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:09 am

ernieift wrote:Just try to remap the outputs in the gcs and use some receiver pins for this.

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you want me to do... assuming it's me you're talking to. I did go into the TX settings page and tried changing the channels, but that had zero effect. NONE of them work. :?
no avatar
User

spdmodz

Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:42 pm

by spdmodz » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:09 am

MrSatoV wrote:Well it works just fine on OP. Don't know why it can't in TL as well. I have no experience with sbus, but my rx does support it, so will have to look into that. Do you have info on it, or can pay a link to info?

Here is how i did it.Image

Just turn of the rcvr port...and enable sbus on main port. Then do the radio config...
no avatar
User

ernieift

by ernieift » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:49 am

@MrSatoV. It is not possible to use pwm/ppm with timers which are configured for HPWM. So you have to remap your outputs to stay away from timer 4 (pwm input 1). It means you can't use the outputs 1..3.
- switch the receiver port to "ppm+outputs"
- configure the output channels in the vehicle configuration (without channel 1..3)
- configure your outputs
- don't forget the correct wiring ;)

Not tested, hope it works.
no avatar
User

ernieift

by ernieift » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:08 am

Zsantolim wrote:
jhitesma wrote:flight/target/coptercontrol/board-info/board_hw_defs.c and changing line 1333:
from the first channel:

to the sixth channel:

This timer is used with RC-IN5 and Servo6. In a configuration "ppm+outputs" the RC-IN5 is an output. I'd prefer:
.channels = &pios_tim_rcvrport_all_channels[1],

So you loose Servo5 for HPWM but get S3..S6 as outputs on the receiver port in "ppm+outputs" in addition.
Next