Chat about quadcopters, tricopters, hexacopters or your decacopter.
no avatar
User

brat002

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:12 pm

Re: RTH on signal lost

by brat002 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:29 am

Thousands controllers have this feature, people are using it and still happy.
I will not fly above people, but people will walk below.

Thanks all. I forced to switch to Naza back.
no avatar
User

brat002

by brat002 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:25 pm

I found piece of code with action on Failsafe. It looks very simple and I will try to make action on FS configurable. It is not too hard as I think before.
no avatar
User

gompf

Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:53 pm

by gompf » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:15 am

brat002 wrote:Thousands controllers have this feature, people are using it and still happy.

For me the number of lemmings is not of interest. I live in a country where we have some regulations regarding to use of airspace, insurance etc... I'm simply not allowed "to put" my model aircraft (as I don't own a "drone") into an autonomous flight mode if I'm out of sight/control nor would my insurance take care of anything what happens after this action. Somebody would take care of me if it fails...and they wouldn't ask what idea/reason I had for this.
Sh*t happens ... you remember this 3-D-heli pro parkfly who killed himself by hitting his neck or head with rotor during a low pass in a public park?

Everybody is happy until somebody pays, the price of the copter doesn't play a role here. Nobody took care about us "big children with RC toys" until some *****les made fpv flights over nuclear power plants in france or other official buildings/sessions in different countrys. Now I heard of political discussions to force a registration for "privat drones" ...

That s**cks....

PS: Sorry, bad mood. Again bad weather at the weekend... ;-)
no avatar
User

droney

Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:25 am

by droney » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:30 pm

Thanks brat02 for looking into making this configurable. Do you have an estimate on when this might be available for testing?
Last edited by droney on Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

brat002

by brat002 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:06 pm

droney wrote:Thanks brat02 for looking into making this configurable. Do you have an estimate on when this might be available for testing?

I`m sorry, but no news. I switched to Autoquad M4. M4 flies well and RTH already exists and working nicely! No any problems with position hold and failsafe events.
no avatar
User

robmisevski

Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:13 am

by robmisevski » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:10 am

I know you have been asking for more feedback on RTH and PH before implementing a easy setup for setting it on failsafe. What type of feedback are you looking for? I have set up a f450 frame with a brainFPV controller using a ublox m8n GPS and internal Mag (I have a good distance from power) instead of external. I usual test to see if north is north when i fly. I have been able to use PH and RTH successfully on 3 separate occasions. Before I put my FPV gear on I use PH and it lets me test out how it's doing at that location. It would be nice to have failsafe with a RTH. Let me know what else is needed for feedback I will continue to test the functionality. I am currently using the complementary attitude filter as recommended till ins is fixed.
Previous