Chat about quadcopters, tricopters, hexacopters or your decacopter.
no avatar
User

brat002

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:12 pm

Re: RTH on signal lost

by brat002 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:32 pm

I found ph and rth in flight modes.

If it is your nightmare - just not use it :)

You never know when signal lost. Transmitter or reciever may switch off. Interference may drop your rc signal and many other reasons. Safe landing or ph or rth will be much better than crash.
no avatar
User

tmcg

Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:30 pm

by tmcg » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:55 pm

I'm confused -- I thought signal lost just reverts to channel binding values in Rx (at least for DSM). So if bind using fmode switch in RTH position, then wouldn't it switch to RTH if signal lost? Flight controller would have no idea that signal was lost, just the Rx, and switch to "signal lost" values.
no avatar
User

pug398

Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:26 am

by pug398 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:53 am

Yes that would be the correct response if the rx was programmed to go to channel presets on lost signal. The other choice is to program rx to cut pulses on lost signal which would trigger the "drop like a rock" failsafe. I will use the latter while autonomous flight develops a little more.
no avatar
User

brat002

by brat002 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:11 pm

Why, if controller can detect failsafe, failsafe action can`t be configurable?

I don`t want to use my old naza with configurable failsafe, but...Falling 3kg on people heads with quanton is the worst scenario.
User

guilhermito

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:16 pm

by guilhermito » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:22 pm

brat002 wrote:Why, if controller can detect failsafe, failsafe action can`t be configurable?

I don`t want to use my old naza with configurable failsafe, but...Falling 3kg on people heads with quanton is the worst scenario.

This has been discussed time and time again on this and several other forums
no avatar
User

brat002

by brat002 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:29 pm

Yes, discussed. Many people using it on Naza, APM, Pixhawk, Jiyi and many others controllers but Quanton/Taulabs does not have this feature. It is confuses me.
User

guilhermito

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:16 pm

by guilhermito » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:36 pm

You did not understand what I meant. The option not to use "smart" modes as failsafe response is something that is a conscious and thought out decision and not a limitation of the hw or software. This as been the object of discussion time and time again hence my post above. To make a long discussion short the safest response to a lack of control link from the operator is to shutdown the motors. Also the GPS assisted modes aren't tested thoroughly yet by a big enough universe of users. So if you want to assist in making those option available in the future please help testing the current GPS assisted modes and report back.
no avatar
User

Elyot

Sat May 10, 2014 6:23 pm

by Elyot » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:16 pm

Since you should never fly over people heads, streets, buildings, ... it is safe, to fall like a rock. Automatic landing over people with props spinning or coming home with lost GPS, bad home location or anything between home and actual position may be a nightmare with a 3kg copter.
no avatar
User

brat002

by brat002 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:27 pm

You never know what happens next. RTH or descending and landing is safer than falling 3kg from heavens because running multirotor produces noise and people hear it. Not working copter just falling on your head.

What feedback type you need to make Failsafe action configurable?
no avatar
User

Elyot

Sat May 10, 2014 6:23 pm

by Elyot » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:29 pm

Don't fly above people and you do not need "noise" as warning. A copter is not redundant, rc signal lost is only one possible failure. Only fly on places where "falling like a stone" could not be a problem. RTH and a wrong home position placed to the next freeway? Or wrong altitude? A crashed copter (also a 3kg copter with an expensive cam) is much better when a copter out of control.
PreviousNext